Virtual Switch doesn't update in Imperihome when value set by script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Switch doesn't update in Imperihome when value set by script

So, i have a virtual switch i'm trying to use to tie a mimolite (that i use to control my garage doors) with a tilt sensor from ecolink that shows door status. I have an event that i want to run that will check the status of the ecolink tilt sensor and then set the virtual switch to the same value if they don't match. however, when i run something like this:

hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(259, 255, False)

Imperihome doesn't see that the value has changed and update the UI to reflect it. If i run it with True instead of False, it works fine.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Originally posted by techguy76 View Post
    So, i have a virtual switch i'm trying to use to tie a mimolite (that i use to control my garage doors) with a tilt sensor from ecolink that shows door status. I have an event that i want to run that will check the status of the ecolink tilt sensor and then set the virtual switch to the same value if they don't match. however, when i run something like this:

hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(259, 255, False)

Imperihome doesn't see that the value has changed and update the UI to reflect it. If i run it with True instead of False, it works fine.

Any ideas??

Thanks
    So why not use True? That's how the True/False are intended to behave and signals other plugins that there was a change.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have other events tied to it for when the actual button is pressed, it controls the mimolite to open or close the garage door. Setting it to true triggers those events and the garage doors causing and endless loop.

Comment

Working...
      X