No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta 3.0.0.332->356

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here went to 342 on the HS3 Pro and Zee-2. Then I read that it was pulled. I have not had issues. Updated to 348 on the HS3 Pro machine and have not seen any issues yet.

This is all Linux though.

HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.342 (Linux)
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.348 (Linux)
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      "Shaun of the Dead" or "Minder" version?
      Shawn of the dead. What's Minder?
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
        I finally got some time to install .348 today. It installed fine for me, here are some details if it helps anyone:

- Installed on Server 2016 Essentials
        - I installed from .340 to .348
        - All plugins were running at the time I shut down HS3, All started up without issue

Might I suggest those having issues, install 340 first and then try 348. Maybe there is some transition happening from previous versions that require this?
        Are you installing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3"? Or did you install to a non-Program Files location?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          Are you installing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3"? Or did you install to a non-Program Files location?

I have always had to move my install folder to this folder, install and then move it back. No matter what you put for an install path during install isn't respected. I have brought this up in the past and was told this is a Windows issue....

Comment

I have always had to move my install folder to this folder, install and then move it back. No matter what you put for an install path during install isn't respected. I have brought this up in the past and was told this is a Windows issue....
            Ah OK. I have been just leaving it in the default Program Files(x86) location. I'm wondering though, why do you go through the hassle of moving it? Many moons ago I had to change the permissions on the folder so that I could update files. Other than that it seems to mostly work until I tried .348 Not sure if that location has anything to do with the problems I observe or not.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Ah OK. I have been just leaving it in the default Program Files(x86) location. I'm wondering though, why do you go through the hassle of moving it? Many moons ago I had to change the permissions on the folder so that I could update files. Other than that it seems to mostly work until I tried .348 Not sure if that location has anything to do with the problems I observe or not.

Honestly I don't remember the reason why I moved it initially (been almost 3 years now). But the reason I do it now, I have scripts that use the install location and I'm just to lazy to update them.

Comment

I finally got some time to install .348 today. It installed fine for me, here are some details if it helps anyone:

- Installed on Server 2016 Essentials
                - I installed from .340 to .348
                - All plugins were running at the time I shut down HS3, All started up without issue

Might I suggest those having issues, install 340 first and then try 348. Maybe there is some transition happening from previous versions that require this?
                I have the same problem with .340--same dialog box come up with the same error, hangs on shutdown. I guess I am waiting for Rich to look at this.

Comment

Install on Server fixed!

OK The problem with installing on Server is really not a problem with the MSI. It is how you install it. Just double click it and follow the instructions. Do not waste time opening an admin command prompt to install as administrator (or other methods of trying to run the MSI as admin).

When I did that the installer skipped a bunch of stuff. Just double clicking to launch from a local admin account worked fine.

DOH!!!

Comment

OK The problem with installing on Server is really not a problem with the MSI. It is how you install it. Just double click it and follow the instructions. Do not waste time opening an admin command prompt to install as administrator (or other methods of trying to run the MSI as admin).

When I did that the installer skipped a bunch of stuff. Just double clicking to launch from a local admin account worked fine.

DOH!!!
                    That's what I did. It didn't work, as one can see.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                      Shawn of the dead. What's Minder?
                      Minder TV Series
                      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                        That's what I did. It didn't work, as one can see.
                        The installation that resulted in HS3 failing to start with that error seemed like incomplete installations. They did not auto-populate with the "C:\Program Files(x86)\Homeseer HS3" path, and instead used "c:\" path. It also seemed that the failed installs went very quick, and the one that worked had some readback messages about converting and such.

What path is your installer trying to install to?

Comment

Upgraded HS3 last night with .348 and all seems good with no errors or issues with plugins (including the BlueIris plugin).
                          I disabled all plugins first just as a caution. Backed up then applied and all restarted ok (except little issue with speaker client but now resolved)

Comment

Not sure if it is specific to this version, but I never had this before. I just looked in the Eventlog and it was flooded with errors. I could only identity two different errors, but they were repeated thousands of times....

Error Exception adding record(s) to the ENERGY database(0): SQL logic error or missing database all VALUES must have the same number of terms
                            Error Exception adding record(s) to the ENERGY database(0): SQL logic error or missing database 9 values for 8 columns

A restart did not help. Eventually I cleared the Energy Data in setup, and then it finally stopped...

I did notice a message that the Energy Database was too big and it was trying to compress it. Not sure if it is related.
                            stefxx

Comment

New features in HS3 build 3.0.0.349.

We had to extend our multi-user support for one of our partners, but some of you may find a use for it.

With JSON, the user parameter was not being sent to HS, so doing things like getting the status, would access all devices. With this update, the user parameter is not passed and honored. This means you can get the status of devices assigned to a particular user, if you are using the multi-user feature in HS.

Also, we extended this to Amazon Alexa. If you have a premium MyHS account, you can create multiple users, say a user for downstairs and a user for upstairs. With 2 Echo units, you can assign each user to each echo. In HS, just assign the devices you want each echo to control. This allows you to have a device named "Lights" in 2 locations, but each each Echo controls a different set of devices. If anyone can test this, please post your feedback.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                New features in HS3 build 3.0.0.349.
                                I see it written in the release notes, but don't see that the download link has been updated yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X