Slow plug-in loading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow plug-in loading?

Since the most recent updates I'm seeing a big delay when trying to bring up the /LutronRA2Config webpage. The browser just sits there... loading.... sometimes forever...

Any idea why?

The plug-in is performing, lights and events are working... it's just the plug-in page won't load.

I've tried different browsers (ie and chrome) on two different computers. Same results.

Other plug-ins are coming up right away. It's just /LutronRA2Config taking forever.

I'm running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368

I can improve this by stopping/restarting HS3. But other plug-ins are not showing the same slow-down bringing up their config page. If it were all the other plug-ins, sure, it'd be a HS3 bug. But it's just the Ra2 plug-in acting this way. It does not slow down within a predictable interval. I can leave HS3 running for an hour and the plug-in will still be fast. Or it can be a few minutes and slow again.

I've pared back my setup to use just Ra2, Honeywell Thermostat and Z-wave. And it's made no difference.

I don't know why this append and I can't replicate here, in ver. 97 I did remove some code that was not use.

keep me post if this help.

Comment

Ok, I just loaded .97 and I'll watch the logging today and report back tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
        Ok, I just loaded .97 and I'll watch the logging today and report back tomorrow.
        any updates? I'm playing around with RRa2 at the moment, and considering checking this plugin out. Also, would be removing ~75 zwave switches and swapping to ra2.

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
          any updates? I'm playing around with RRa2 at the moment, and considering checking this plugin out. Also, would be removing ~75 zwave switches and swapping to ra2.
          You absolutely cannot go wrong with switching to Ra2 if you want reliable lighting controls.

Just know that with LED and other kinds of non-incandescent lighting out there that there are situations where some planning is necessary. Especially when it comes to neutral being present in the wall boxes for the dimmers. While there are dimmers that work without neutrals, combine that with some of the pretty poor performing LEDs out there and you're asking for trouble. This is not a Lutron issue, it's a light issue. If you've got neutrals in all your switch locations you're good, but if not... then there may be some replacements necessary if you've got the wrong LEDs.

This is probably not the the thread in which to have that conversation.

A good Lutron dealer will help work through this. That and use Lutron's LED website and forums to learn more.

Comment

Haven't had a chance to debug this further. I was also using another automation system, speaking to the other repeater. Don't know if that was involved in the problem or not. But I've had no time to look into either, and won't for at least another 2 weeks.

Comment

You absolutely cannot go wrong with switching to Ra2 if you want reliable lighting controls.

Just know that with LED and other kinds of non-incandescent lighting out there that there are situations where some planning is necessary. Especially when it comes to neutral being present in the wall boxes for the dimmers. While there are dimmers that work without neutrals, combine that with some of the pretty poor performing LEDs out there and you're asking for trouble. This is not a Lutron issue, it's a light issue. If you've got neutrals in all your switch locations you're good, but if not... then there may be some replacements necessary if you've got the wrong LEDs.

This is probably not the the thread in which to have that conversation.

A good Lutron dealer will help work through this. That and use Lutron's LED website and forums to learn more.
              I appreciate the feedback. I have neutrals in all boxes, and have tried ~20 different brands of LEDs with my HS Dimmers and have yet to really find any BR30's that work well without flickering/buzzing, so I don't think I could really go backwards much in that department

From the 1 Lutron dimmer that I have tried so far, I have had no buzzing/flickering, so that is positive!

Comment

Haven't had a chance to debug this further. I was also using another automation system, speaking to the other repeater. Don't know if that was involved in the problem or not. But I've had no time to look into either, and won't for at least another 2 weeks.
                Can I ask what other automation controller you were using? I really don't have any issues with HS, but I'm always open to try new things as well!

Comment

I appreciate the feedback. I have neutrals in all boxes, and have tried ~20 different brands of LEDs with my HS Dimmers and have yet to really find any BR30's that work well without flickering/buzzing, so I don't think I could really go backwards much in that department

From the 1 Lutron dimmer that I have tried so far, I have had no buzzing/flickering, so that is positive!
                  With Lutron and bulbs it helps VERY much to mention the bulb and dimmer models. As you've discovered, they're not all equal. Helps to know this ahead of time, before you're stuck with a box of spares!

Comment

Can I ask what other automation controller you were using? I really don't have any issues with HS, but I'm always open to try new things as well!
                    The latest I've tried is a Hubitat Elevation. It's a bit early-days for it but it has promising potential. But I've had zero time to dig into it yet. Meanwhile my H3Pro setup keeps chugging right along.

Comment

Working...
                    X