Testing...a few glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    I went in and made an event for incoming call, to turn all on. honestly, though, it doesn't seem to be working. I also modified a couple regular announcement events, adding a turn all on line.

I certainly don't want go through and build/modify tons of events for everything. I will probably try the other lpitman plugin, see if that works differently.

I'm actually thinking about teaching HS the remote codes for the ab8ss and setting it up on my secu-16ir, forget the plugin, but i'd have to make quite a few events/virtual devices, it would be free, though, and would open up 1 com port! :-)

still figuring it all out!

I've tried to create a couple of events to have it turn on all speakers or just 1 relay but haven't got it figured out enough to make it work.

I created a post last week I believe asking for examples of events but nobody has replyed to that so, I'm still trying to figure it out!!

I did purchase the irpspeak so i could continue using the plugin as I actived the trial and it ran out. I haven't had much time to work with it, kinda busy this past month or so.

Comment

Have you tried the other plugin, just to have something to compare it to?
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
        Have you tried the other plugin, just to have something to compare it to?
        No, I should have tried them both out before purchasing. The irpspeak sounded alot better then the other one, thats why I went with it.

Now I'm kinda rethinking my decission.

Comment

It does not seem like you guys are configuring correctly.

Here are some commands (quoted from help file) to use in scripts (including HS Phone).

The following are script commands that can be used to control the lrpSpeak:

SpkrOn(spkrname As String) --- Just turns speaker on and leaves it on......Note another command or speech from another source could shut the speakers off again.

SpkrOff(spkrname As String) --- Turns speaker off...

AllSpkrOn() --- Turns ALL speakers on and leaves them on...Note another command or speech from another source could shut the speakers off again.

AllSpkrOff() --- Turns ALL speakers off...

InputAB(strAB As String)

SetSpkrVol(strVol As String)

SetPostDelay(strDelay As String)

Example use in Script or Event:

&hs.plugin("lrSpeak").SpkrOn("Bedroom") --- Changes Bedroom (if that's it's name) speaker to ON. --- Speaker stays on until an OFF command is received. ...

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SpkrOff("Bedroom") --- Changes Bedroom (if that's it's name) speaker to OFF.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").AllSpkrOn() --- Turns ALL Speakers to ON until an OFF command is received.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").AllSpkrOff() --- Turns ALL Speakers to OFF.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").InputAB("A") --- Changes Input to A.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SetSpkrVol("Soft") --- Sets volume to Soft. Possible values are Normal, Soft, Loud, Max.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SetPostDelay("200") --- Sets post speaker shutoff to 200ms.

Options that can be sent to control plugin are encapsulated in text to be spoken.

For example any program (HSPhone) can use the following to control speakers:

"[Loc All] This is the text to be spoken by whole house."

The above line of text tells lrpSpeak to set location of speach to All (all speakers) and speak This is the text....

"[Loc All Vol Normal] This is also some text."

The above line tells lrpSpeak to use all speakers and volume normal.

So if you want to play music then use the SpkrOn(spkrname As String) command to leave that speaker on. Any other switch commands do not affect this speaker unless it is specified in the new command or an ALL is used. Does this make any sense?

You are correct that the plugin does not save the state of the relays before switching. Again my stated goal of this plugin was to "keep it simple", the plugin was not meant to compete with the other fine plugins publish here. The problem I was having with other plugins was, they were too complicated and bogged down for things that should be so simple, like turning on speakers for announcements and then turning them off again.

Experiment with some of the commands above, in scripts and inside HSPhone where it asks for the default speech stuff, don't forget to add [Loc ALL] or [Loc BedRoom] or something similar within the quoted text, to turn all speakers on for the callerID announcement, it will however turn them off again when speaking is finshed. The post delay is just to make sure speaking is finished before turning off.

I hope this helps...

Maybe I should spice up the help file some more...
          -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I may give some thought to saving the state of the switches before a change, maybe a SaveState() and RestoreState() command or something easy. Would that be satisfactory?
            -Larry

Plugins:
            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Maybe I should spice up the help file some more...
              or, maybe I should read it? :-)
              Plugins:
              BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Scott, does the last post I did, help you? I'm hoping that you just did not understand how to implement, and now you can use the plugin as intended.
                -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
                  I may give some thought to saving the state of the switches before a change, maybe a SaveState() and RestoreState() command or something easy. Would that be satisfactory?
                  Yes,The plugin looks pretty cool. But the lack of returning to the previous state is holding me back. I need this if music is playing (radio input a) and I want to announce caller ID or motion at the front door, driveway, etc. on input b

Thanks for considering this.
                  John

Comment

Here are some commands (quoted from help file) to use in scripts (including HS Phone).

The following are script commands that can be used to control the lrpSpeak:

SetSpkrVol(strVol As String)

Example use in Script or Event:
                    &hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SetSpkrVol("Soft") --- Sets volume to Soft. Possible values are Normal, Soft, Loud, Max.

"[Loc All Vol Normal] This is also some text."
                    The above line tells lrpSpeak to use all speakers and volume normal.

Since the AB8SS does not have any volume controls is the script controlling the PC system sound?
                    John

Comment

Yes, it is using the software (HS and OS) to change the volume.
                      -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I like everything about the plugin, except for the always off vs always on setup. I'd like to run my based on turning specific speakers off, not turning specific speakers on. HACS said that it shouldn't efect the relays, so I'm ok with that. is there a way to get your plugin to not turn speakers off, like to set the post to zero or something?
                        Plugins:

Comment

Scott, does the last post I did, help you? I'm hoping that you just did not understand how to implement, and now you can use the plugin as intended.

Thanks for the info. I was busy this past weekend so I did not have time to work with what you gave me. You are correct that I didn't understand how to implement this pluging correctly. I am a newbie to all of this!!!!

Thanks for your help. I will let you know how everything comes out.

Comment

I love your signature, the scripture I mean.
                            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I love your signature, the scripture I mean.
                              Thanks, Its the meaning of that scripture to live life by.

Comment

So what is the best way to keep all of the speakers on, I used what was given in the previous posts but, the speakers are on until something else like the phone ringing and the caller id is spoken, then all of the speakers turn off.

Is there an update coming for this as well? Would this be a feature that you will be including in the future?

Comment

Working...
                                X