Trane Tstat zwave problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trane Tstat zwave problem

I just added a Trane zwave tstat (TZEMT400AB32) using ztroller. The tstat reports ZNID:28 which is the same as in HS.

I keep getting this error when I try to configure it.

"Querying node for it's capabilities... Please wait... Finished (Error, could not complete synchronization process.) "

Zseer cannot find it.

I have the ztroller controller close by.

Any ideas of what to try? Thx

When you look in the log did it add the thermostat correctly? Did you try rescanning the Tstat?

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
      When you look in the log did it add the thermostat correctly? Did you try rescanning the Tstat?
      I guess it did not add correctly. Actually I was adding two devices, a simple light switch and the tstat. Both are giving problems. So I deleted them and added them again. I don't like doing that because I worry it uses up numbers of allowable zwave devices. Isn't the limit 60? Is there a way of reclaiming the ones not used?

Anyways below is the log when I added these two devices (29 and 30) back using ztroller. 30 is the tstat. Same errors in HS. Can't rescan or optimize and fails tests in zseer.

Thanks!

8/29/2009 3:08:56 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Removing Thermostat because device was deleted:
      8/29/2009 3:11:38 PM - Z-Wave - Getting Z-Wave node list...
      8/29/2009 3:11:38 PM - Z-Wave - Found 25 Z-Wave nodes
      8/29/2009 3:11:38 PM - Z-Wave - Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
      8/29/2009 3:11:38 PM - Z-Wave - **********
      8/29/2009 3:11:38 PM - Z-Wave - ********** Adding Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 30 Type NODE_TYPE_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL=11H **********
      8/29/2009 3:11:38 PM - Z-Wave - **********
      8/29/2009 3:11:38 PM - Z-Wave - Adding Z-Wave device 30 type is NODE_TYPE_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL=11H
      8/29/2009 3:11:38 PM - Z-Wave - Contacting node 30 to get supported features
      8/29/2009 3:11:40 PM - Warning - Node 30 did not respond, device may not operate as expected
      8/29/2009 3:11:40 PM - Warning - Could not get supported classes from device with ID 30. Using existing information or defaults.
      8/29/2009 3:11:40 PM - Z-Wave - ********** Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 30 **********
      8/29/2009 3:11:40 PM - Z-Wave - **********
      8/29/2009 3:11:40 PM - Z-Wave - ********** Adding Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 31 Type NODE_TYPE_THERMOSTAT=8H **********
      8/29/2009 3:11:40 PM - Z-Wave - **********
      8/29/2009 3:11:40 PM - Z-Wave - Adding Z-Wave device 31 type is NODE_TYPE_THERMOSTAT=8H
      8/29/2009 3:11:40 PM - Z-Wave - Contacting node 31 to get supported features
      8/29/2009 3:11:41 PM - Warning - Node 31 did not respond, device may not operate as expected
      8/29/2009 3:11:41 PM - Warning - Could not get supported classes from device with ID 31. Using existing information or defaults.
      8/29/2009 3:11:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Warning, there is no class information for this thermostat, it will not operate properly until you rescan it in HomeSeer.
      8/29/2009 3:11:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Warning, there is no class information for this thermostat, it will not operate properly until you rescan it in HomeSeer.
      8/29/2009 3:11:45 PM - Database Item - Saving Device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Dimmable Device 30
      8/29/2009 3:12:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in GetSupportedFanModes: Return was null
      8/29/2009 3:12:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in GetSupportedFanModes: Return was null
      8/29/2009 3:13:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in GetSupportedModes: Return was null
      8/29/2009 3:13:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in GetSupportedModes: Return was null
      8/29/2009 3:14:41 PM - Warning - A Z-Wave device Import flag appears to have been stuck - it is being reset after 3 minutes.
      8/29/2009 3:14:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in GetSupportedModes: Return was null
      8/29/2009 3:14:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Devices Updated for thermostat: Thermostat 31
      8/29/2009 3:14:41 PM - Z-Wave - ********** Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 31 **********
      8/29/2009 3:14:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Error in GetSupportedModes: Return was null
      8/29/2009 3:14:41 PM - ZWave Thermostats - Devices Updated for thermostat: Thermostat 31
      8/29/2009 3:14:45 PM - Database Item - Saving Device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Thermostat 31
      8/29/2009 3:14:45 PM - Database Item - Saving Device Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Thermostat 31

Comment

You have up to 232 devices in the network - the Z-Troller will start reusing numbers after you go through the 232. How far are the Tstat and light switch away from the Z-Troller? How many devices are in between? What version of HS are you running? You might try doing a hard reset on the Z-Troller and then rescanning the Light Switch and Thermostat and see what the log looks like.

Comment

The thermometer should have no devices between the controller and device. The light switch has one device. I have added devices farther away from computer/controller without a problem before.

I am running HS 2.3.0.19.

How do I do a hard reset on ztroller?

Should I also restart the ztroller interface?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
            The thermometer should have no devices between the controller and device. The light switch has one device. I have added devices farther away from computer/controller without a problem before.

I am running HS 2.3.0.19.

How do I do a hard reset on ztroller?

Should I also restart the ztroller interface?

Thx
            How close to the stat were you when you added it? You need to be within a few inches.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes I was within inches when I added the tsat.

Should I do a hard reset? How do I do a hard reset?

Should I restart the interface?

Comment

Yes I was within inches when I added the tsat.

Should I do a hard reset? How do I do a hard reset?

Should I restart the interface?

Ricky,

To do a Restart OR Erase - Go to Setup/Interfaces, then click Manage on Z-troller and you can Restart OR Erase (as in completely wipe the memory). Youcan read the associated descriptions on the Manage page

Comment

A Hard Reset is unplugging the power supply from the Z-Troller and pulling the batteries - wait 30 seconds or under Setup - Interfaces - Manage - Advanced Functions (Reset Interface) - Soft Reset

Comment

Updated firmware to 1.12 in ztroller
                    Performed hardreset
                    Performed restart of interface in HS2
                    Upgraded to .120 beta of HS2

There is now a warning during startup of the zwave/ztroller interface that "z-wave security failed as the hardware failed to produce a random word...communication with devices using a secure command classes will not be successful" I suppose this is not serious and the ztroller is missing some capacity allowed in the new beta.

The light referred to in previous posts now adds correctly and works fine.

The tstat still doesn't add properly with same messages referred to above. It adds as a "node type thermostat=8H" but it can't be reached and a rescan of the device created returns error.

Is there any significance to the fact that my trane tstate came from Amazon and is a Schlage marketed one (HS store was out of it at the time) with the model number given in previous post (TZEMT400AB32) but the model number for the HS store one is TZEMT043AB32. Just looking for an explanation...

Thanks for any help...

Comment

Updated firmware to 1.12 in ztroller
                      Performed hardreset
                      Performed restart of interface in HS2
                      Upgraded to .120 beta of HS2

There is now a warning during startup of the zwave/ztroller interface that "z-wave security failed as the hardware failed to produce a random word...communication with devices using a secure command classes will not be successful" I suppose this is not serious and the ztroller is missing some capacity allowed in the new beta.

The light referred to in previous posts now adds correctly and works fine.

The tstat still doesn't add properly with same messages referred to above. It adds as a "node type thermostat=8H" but it can't be reached and a rescan of the device created returns error.

Is there any significance to the fact that my trane tstate came from Amazon and is a Schlage marketed one (HS store was out of it at the time) with the model number given in previous post (TZEMT400AB32) but the model number for the HS store one is TZEMT043AB32. Just looking for an explanation...

Thanks for any help...
                      The "z-wave security failed .." message can be ignored. It simply means your controller doesn't handle the security class and is informational.

How far is your start when you add it to HomeSeer? When you add it to HS is attempts to contact the device and get it's properties and it appears that HS can't reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        The "z-wave security failed .." message can be ignored. It simply means your controller doesn't handle the security class and is informational.

How far is your start when you add it to HomeSeer? When you add it to HS is attempts to contact the device and get it's properties and it appears that HS can't reach it.

That was it, got a 30' cable and it added just fine!! And it is working fine in HS. Cool.

So now do I have to keep the ztroller nearby or after I optimize the other devices can I have the ztroller back near the computer?

In HS there is no optimize or rescan buttons now for the tstat.

And in zseer when I try and optimize the tstat device, it calls it a "zwave interface" the tstat doesn't form partners with any nearby devices just only the controller.

It seems the tstat is not a repeater either.

Is this all correct? My house has two zones and the second zone is far away from the computer and ztroller. I was planning on getting another zwave tstate for that zone but it seems that won't be possible??

Comment

Z-Wave is a mesh technology so in order for your stats to communicate you will need more devices. I would recommend some of the Schlage lamp modules as these include the new security class and if you decide to go the Schlage lock route you will have a good start. Remember in the Z-Wave the more devices the better the mesh and communications.

Comment

Working...
                          X