Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have screens or are using HSTouch for irrigation control?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have screens or are using HSTouch for irrigation control?

Recently purchased a few Viewsonic G-Tablets and will be going from Mainlobby to HSTouch as soon as they arrive. I have the MCSSprinklers plugin and was wondering if anyone has screen examples they use with the same plugin. I'm used to the Mainlobby Rain8 plugin which had nice touchscreen integration but not sure how well HSTouch will compare.

Thank you

I am using McSprinklers plugin and have been very happy with it. I have custom code I wrote that runs on a touch screen in my kitchen, and it controls the sprinklers by just displaying a Web Control within my screen with a URL pointing to the plugin's touch web page. You should be able to do the same thing easily with HsTouch, although I am not a HST expert.

tenholde

Comment

how are you getting soil status i would like ot add that

Comment

All I'm getting is the web page supplied by the plugin.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

sorry i meant what sensor are you using to determine that.

Comment

The mcssprinklers plugin computes soil moisture. When you run a zone, it sets the moisture at 100%, and then continually decreases it based upon data it downloads from the internet:

temperature
            humidity
            sun index
            wind speed
            etc

You can use your own sensors for any of the above, or use your own soil moisture sensor instead of the computed approach.

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

pretty interesting i am mroe used to actual soil based sensors that why i was wondering how mcs did it i seen quite a few screens for it

Comment

Sometime last year I tried to build an HSTouchscreen using the variables in mcsSprinklers.

I really didn't like the way it looked though; so continued to use the entire "touch" piece of the interface in HSTouch. Works fine. Its a bit wider by a few pixels; not much though on an 800X600 TS.

Those interested in using the MCS Sprinklers TS - I was able to center the display with an 800X600 TS. For location I used:
                Left -24
                Top -17

I'm having an issue matching the screen color and I am off a bit; but that is me.
                Last edited by Pete; April 1, 2011, 09:00 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X