HAI Plugin Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plugin Beta

The HAI Plugin is ready for some preliminary beta testing.

Minimum required HS3 version is: 3.0.0.48

The plugin is currently located in the beta section of the HS Updater.

Uninstalling the plugin:
    • Disable the plugin from the Manage Plugins page.
    • Manually delete the Root Device of the plugin from the Device List page.
    • Run the Uninstall_HSPI_HAI.exe from the HS3 root folder.

**Disclaimer: I have a virgin panel with only a few test devices attached.
    As I continue to install devices, I will add support. It will be somewhat
    difficult to cover every individual's panel configuration. For this reason,
    I might need to request access to your panel or have you email me detailed
    configuration information from the plugin.

A special thanks to Pete for helping get to this point - many thanks!!!
    Last edited by rmasonjr; April 10, 2014, 10:40 AM. Reason: beta notes
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Beta 1.0.0.4

I updated the post above with the newest version.

I apologize, but you *must* uninstall any previous versions and re-configure your panel in the configuration. This was needed due to some configuration changes.

Changelog is posted above.

The biggest changes in this version are that you can now arm/disarm the panel from the HS Device Management page.
    Child devices for each area have dropdowns for manually arming/disarming.
    You can also arm/disarm from a console or from PCAccess and HS will be updated with the panel status.

Here's a screenshot:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rmasonjr; January 10, 2014, 10:57 AM. Reason: notes

Comment

Rob,

Is there a reason you are using the updater_override rather than putting this into the updater? In the updater, it can be marked as BETA. Also, if you have a web server, it can be set up so that you control the release of new versions. Let me know if you want more information - it may make deploying new test versions easier.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks Rick - I do plan to eventually get it into the updater. Pete and I were going to test it among ourselves and get the small bugs worked out first.

Comment

Comment

MySQL is the name of a database. (well open source relational database management system - RDBMS) named after co-founder's daughter "My" and SQL stands for "Structured Query Language"

The HAI Plugin utilizes the MySQL database.

You can see your DB stuff in the HAI.ini file:

useMySQL=True
            mysql_dbName=hai
            mysql_dbHost=127.0.0.1
            mysql_dbPort=3306
            mysql_dbUser=hai
            mysql_dbPass=hai
            A quickie Wiki on MySQL is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySQL

- Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Help

Pete,Thanks of the needed education.

I have been trying to get my HAI panel to work for HSPro and excited to be able to use it with HS3. Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting it to work correctly.

I installed the HS3 HAI plug in as described above...everything appeared to work correctly according to the LOG the panel connected.

Jan-19 11:20:45 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in HAI

Jan-19 11:20:30 AM Info Plug-in HAI has connected successfully

Unfortunately I can't see any of my units of Zones. It just show Area 1-8 (Same snap shot rmasonjr posted). Also my panel is only setup for 1 area.

I'm new new to HS...what did I miss?

Comment

Hi eallen40 - I havent implemented Zones or Units just yet. I started with Areas and am working on arming/disarming from HS3 events now. I will move to Zones after the alarm functions are fully supported.

Keep checking back to these threads for updates...

Thanks

Comment

Com port support

Thank you for your work on this plugin. I am wondering if there is any way to get this plugin to work with my Omni ii panel hooked up via a serial interface on a comport like I have it in Homeseer 2?

Thanks.

Comment

The are no current plans for serial / com port support at this time.

The above said; you can though test the new IP based plugin on HS3 and concurrently leave your Homeseer 2 server connected to the serial port on the Leviton Omni II panel (if it has a network port on it).

I am doing that today.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Being rather new to MySQL, I just ran into a small problem. I cannot reset the root user password to 'root', as it does NOT meet the security requirement rules. Perhaps you can add something to the installer/configuration screen that ASKS for the root user password for schema setup in the next version?

Best Regards,

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tonyhuk View Post
                        Being rather new to MySQL, I just ran into a small problem. I cannot reset the root user password to 'root', as it does NOT meet the security requirement rules. Perhaps you can add something to the installer/configuration screen that ASKS for the root user password for schema setup in the next version?

Best Regards,

Tony
                        Good idea! I think I might be able to do that in the next version...

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          The are no current plans for serial / com port support at this time.

The above said; you can though test the new IP based plugin on HS3 and concurrently leave your Homeseer 2 server connected to the serial port on the Leviton Omni II panel (if it has a network port on it).

I am doing that today.
                          To clarify - On HS2 are you running the older HAI software for HS2 that connects to Serial that enables, HS3 to then connect/see the HAI serial connected board??

I thought I was going to replace my serial board with a new TCP board and move the serial to my other house in NW Ga but not sure I am going to make it happen now. Gary

Comment

On the point of serial vs. TCP, it's my understanding that Omni Pro II comes with both styles of connectivity (at least mine does). My experience with the HS2 serial connectivity was good up to HAI FW 2.9, then when 3+ came out, the original plug in stopped working correctly. There's a history between HAI and HS that I won't discuss here (you can find info in older posts on the HAI plug in sub-board)

Having said that, I'm excited that someone has taken up the task of developing this plug in. I would like to see, at a minimum, full support for the alarm subsystem, and HAI thermostats connected to the Omni Pro II.

I am most certainly willing to help in anyway I can, as I do also have the Omni Dealer software, fully up to date.

Comment

To clarify - On HS2 are you running the older HAI software for HS2 that connects to Serial that enables, HS3 to then connect/see the HAI serial connected board??
                              As Tony has mentioned. I am currently running the HS2 HAI plugin which is connected to the serial port and testing the HS3 plugin which connects via the network port.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X