Syslog on Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syslog on Linux?

Hi, I'm just evaluating UltraLog3 and would like to purchase it but can't get the syslog feature to work. I'm running HS3 on Debian 9 with MONO 5.

Can you outline the steps I need to take to allow me to view the linux syslog via UltraLog?

Thanks!

Current Date/Time: 2/23/2018 3:11:05 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.404
    Linux version: Linux Si-HomeSeer 4.9.0-5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u2 (2018-01-04) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 621
    Number of Events: 251
    Available Threads: 199
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.12: AirplaySpeak
    3.0.0.56: DSC Security
    3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.39: EnvisaLink
    3.0.6602.26187: UltraLog3
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Have you considered using Enterprise Splunk (Free Edition) or IBM Qradar community edition?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Have you considered using Enterprise Splunk (Free Edition) or IBM Qradar community edition?
      Are you suggesting I don't need to purchase UltraLog? Can UltraLog not read the Linux Syslogs, am I misunderstanding what the Syslog feature in UltraLog does?

Comment

Originally posted by numgis View Post
        Are you suggesting I don't need to purchase UltraLog? Can UltraLog not read the Linux Syslogs, am I misunderstanding what the Syslog feature in UltraLog does?
        Ultralog has a syslog server. It is designed to allow posting from other devices. I had my pfSense router posting to it and my Ubiquiti USG now posts to it. There are ways to have Linux post to a remote syslog server if that is what you want.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Ultralog has a syslog server. It is designed to allow posting from other devices. I had my pfSense router posting to it and my Ubiquiti USG now posts to it. There are ways to have Linux post to a remote syslog server if that is what you want.
          What Randy Said The syslog server was primarily designed for network related syslog traffic and not as a general purpose syslog receiver (like Splunk or IBM Qradar). UltraLog3 HSPI also has a means of sending the HomeSeer logs to a remote syslog receiver like Splunk or Qradar.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
          X