Exception Transmitting to IP Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exception Transmitting to IP Error

Over the last few days, I have started getting a few daily Exception Transmitting error messages in the log. I am ethernet connected to the Z-Net. The only thing different about my Z-Wave network is that I have introduced a ZSE40 MultiSensor. Nothing has changed in my home ethernet network.

Mar-19 4:04:03 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net is the SIS for the network.
    Mar-19 4:04:03 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
    Mar-19 4:04:03 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net Controller is static lib.
    Mar-19 4:04:03 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net Controller chip type is ZW050x.
    Mar-19 4:04:03 PM Z-Wave The interface's security support has been set.
    Mar-19 4:04:03 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net: Found 15 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (1st Floor Z-Net)
    Mar-19 4:04:03 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: <Home ID removed>
    Mar-19 4:04:03 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
    Mar-19 4:04:02 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net: Controller firmware version: 4.32
    Mar-19 4:04:02 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
    Mar-19 4:03:47 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
    Mar-19 4:03:47 PM Z-Wave 1st Floor Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP <IP Address removed>, connected to interface ok.
    Mar-19 4:03:47 PM Z-Wave Error 1st Floor Z-Net: Exception transmitting to IP <IP Address removed>: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    Last edited by automateme; March 19, 2018, 07:10 PM.

I found out what was causing this error for me. For some reason, my Z-net was responding to 2 different IP’s?????. The IP I originally configured in the plugin for Z-net and a second one. I could ping both IPs and get a response from the Z-net. I happened to stumble across this when I was looking through my devices on my Ubiquiti router dashboard. I set a DHCP reservation the correct Z-net IP, and the second IP was no longer pingable, and the errors are gone from my log.

EDIT: The exception transmitting errors have returned. Probably 25 or so in the last 12 hours.
    Last edited by automateme; March 23, 2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I am still getting these errors frequently throughout the day. It appears as though the Z-Net is restarting when this occurs. I have updated to the current release of the plugin 3.0.1.243. I don't know if there are any firmware updates for the Z-Net. I am still on 4.32. I'm wondering if I have a defective Z-Net, although my Z-wave network is functioning despite these plugin errors.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
        I found out what was causing this error for me. For some reason, my Z-net was responding to 2 different IP’s?????. The IP I originally configured in the plugin for Z-net and a second one. I could ping both IPs and get a response from the Z-net. I happened to stumble across this when I was looking through my devices on my Ubiquiti router dashboard. I set a DHCP reservation the correct Z-net IP, and the second IP was no longer pingable, and the errors are gone from my log.

EDIT: The exception transmitting errors have returned. Probably 25 or so in the last 12 hours.
        My understanding is z-nets are always assigned separate IPs for the wired and wifi connections. My z-net responds to pings on both IPs.
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

My understanding is z-nets are always assigned separate IPs for the wired and wifi connections. My z-net responds to pings on both IPs.
          I am seeing that as well. I can ping both the wired and wireless interfaces. I am only using the wired interface for HS3, and that IP is the one that is being reported in the error. I never see anything related to the wireless interface IP in the log. There doesn't appear to be any way to disable the wireless radio in the Z-Net to see if that eliminates these errors.

Comment

I, too, have the very same issue! I have a ubiquity AmpliFi Router and sporadically get the same error as you do every few hours. It’s not consistent on the error though. Sometimes two hours other times 1, 3, 4 hours etc. my only difference from yours is instead of saying the existing connection was forcibly closed, it says: An established connection was aborted by your software in your host machine.
            i did migrate from a hometroller S3 machine running win xp to a laptop running win 7 64 bit. I am not sure what the issue is though?

Comment

This error has been going on through several Z-Wave plugin updates for me. I am also using Ubiquity AP's, Switch and Router - UniFi in my case. My HS3 installation is also Win 7 64-bit on an Intel NUC box. I don't know how to get the Homeseer team's attention to take a look at this.

Comment

automateme did you download the HS3 software to your win 7 os or did you migrate from a 32 bit system? I migrated and feel going from win x 32 bit to win 7 64 bit may have something to do with it. Not sure though! I am exploring a solution (honestly I am limited in ability) and if I come across something I will be sure to respond on this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf32058 View Post
                  automateme did you download the HS3 software to your win 7 os or did you migrate from a 32 bit system? I migrated and feel going from win x 32 bit to win 7 64 bit may have something to do with it. Not sure though! I am exploring a solution (honestly I am limited in ability) and if I come across something I will be sure to respond on this post.
                  I was running HS3 on a 64-bit Windows VM and finally moved my installation to a dedicated little NUC box in my A/V Cabinet. On 24x7, fanless, low power and extra ports. I didn't have to work through any 32-bit to 64-bit issues.

Comment

I am no longer getting that error message! I went to the chrome browser instead of IE and it has been showing no errors for almost two weeks!

Comment

Working...
                    X