X10 CM11a Events Causing Event to Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 CM11a Events Causing Event to Loop

I am an HS2 user with an extensive X10 system and finally converting to HS3. The issue I have is in the way that HS3 responds to its own commands vs. how it functioned in HS2. Here is the example:

I have many Smarthome KeypadLinc -button devices in the house. Each one has a button for "Downstairs". This button is programmed as X10 command M1. These are the only devices in the system programmed for device code M1. Basically, these are just indicators or macros.

I have an event for "Downstairs On" and another for "Downstairs Off". These events respectively turn on and off various X10-controlled lights. The "Downstairs On" event is triggered by M1-On, "Downstairs Off" by M1-Off. Both events are also triggered by time, as well as a dusk sensor.

I think all of that is straightforward and makes sense. However, one of the things I setup in HS2 was for these events' last steps to trigger the M1 device on or off respectively. That way, all of my "Downstairs" buttons are set correctly. For example, when the dusk sensor triggers the "Downstairs On" event, the last thing it does is send an M1-On so that all of my "Downstairs" buttons are toggled to on and are illuminated on the KeypadLinc panels. I can now press any of these "Downstairs" buttons to toggle it to off, which sends M1-Off, and the "Downstairs Off" even is triggered. It seems that in HS2, the fact that HS itself generated the M1-On or M1-Off command meant that it would ignore these for event triggers.

The problem is that in HS3, the even trigger is responding to the M1 on/off command that self has sent at the end of the event. This puts the event in an endless loop. I guess my first question is whether this is a CM11a interface issue, or an HS3 issue? And then, what to do about it. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have many similar events like this in my system.
Working...
X