Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple LMS Servers? Possible?

Hello all,

I have purchased the PI and set up TWO LMS servers running on two Pi's. Configuring the first one was easy and works great, and I'm able to control/monitor it from HS through the PI.

However, when I went to create another instance of the PI so I can configure to the second LMS server, I ran into a wall.

How do I do this? I want multiple concurrent audio sources, both running LMS.

Please help,

Marco

Hi Marco,

You can have many squeezebox clients from one LMS. I have 14 clients that can all play different music sources simultaneously or can be sync'd in different groups. Not quite sure I understand the use case for multiple servers.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by marco500 View Post
      Hello all,

I have purchased the PI and set up TWO LMS servers running on two Pi's. Configuring the first one was easy and works great, and I'm able to control/monitor it from HS through the PI.

However, when I went to create another instance of the PI so I can configure to the second LMS server, I ran into a wall.

How do I do this? I want multiple concurrent audio sources, both running LMS.

Please help,

Marco
      What is your use case to use multiple LMS servers? I have several clients connected to the same server, each playing different music (local, streaming radios, Pandora, etc) and some can be synced to play the same. This is first an "media/LMS architecture" question.

In you case, you would run LMS on one server (Linux, Windows, or one of the PIs) and then you one or more client players connecting to the server. The player can be logitech hardware players if you have them/find them (radio, boom, etc) or software players running on you PIs, Windows PCs, etc. For client software players you have a few options such as SqueezePlay, SoftSqueeze, squeezeLite, SqueezeSlave.

Comment

My bad!

Thanks for your feedback. I don't know why I didn't think of it in the right context (one server -> multiple clients). I needed two radio sources, so I was stuck thinking 2x servers.

Ok, I have two clients running against one server, and problem solved.

again, thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X