This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RealVNC remotely w/ port forwarding not completely connecting

I use RealVNC to connect locally with no problems but I forwarding port 5800 and I can't get fully connected. It connects using Java up to the "VNC viewer: Connection Detials" box where it tells me the server IP. After I press OK instead of getting a prompt for the password I get a box that says "java.net ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect"

Any ideas why or what I may have not set properly?

You may have to forward 5900 as well as 5800.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I have 5900 forwarded on mine and works well, try that as well in port forwarding and it should work.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Port forward port 5900 as stated above if you are trying to access box from outside the local network you cannot use the web based viewer you will need to out to the realvnc website and download the VNC Free Edition Viewer which is not web based

Comment

Working...
        X