Comment

Gavin

Now getting this since changing my GSM Modem to a TP-Link MA-260
      Everything seems to work OK

Any ideas?
      Do you want logs?

Cheers
      Scott

Oct-31 16:08:57 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS()
      Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:57 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS()
      Attached Files

Comment

This looks like the plugin can't open the port specified in HS3. Is there another application using the same COM port?
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
          This looks like the plugin can't open the port specified in HS3. Is there another application using the same COM port?
          Nope, nothing else as far as I can see, but you'll notice that COM19 doesn't appear in the Devices list but it doesn't work on 20 or 21....

Scott
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure I follow? I'm also not sure how high HS3 enumerates com ports to. Can you assign the TP-Link to a lower com port number and see if you can select that in HS3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
              I'm not sure I follow? I'm also not sure how high HS3 enumerates com ports to. Can you assign the TP-Link to a lower com port number and see if you can select that in HS3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
              Looks like I might have found it. The TP-Link installer creates what looks like a virtual port (19) I think. There's an app that loaded from HKCU Run which I have deleted from the reg and it still works, but (so far) no error message.

So I think the app must have been fighting for the same port?!

I'll keep you posted

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll try manually changing the ports to something lower.

Cheers
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                Looks like I might have found it. The TP-Link installer creates what looks like a virtual port (19) I think. There's an app that loaded from HKCU Run which I have deleted from the reg and it still works, but (so far) no error message.

So I think the app must have been fighting for the same port?!

I'll keep you posted

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll try manually changing the ports to something lower.

Cheers
                Scott
                Yep, all fine now - no port errors....

Cheers
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X