This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Add Old-Style Motion Sensor

Although my other devices show up after I add them, my old-style motion sensors do not. I am not receiving any error messages after plugging in the Insteon ID for thes; nevertheless, they do not appear on my list of HomeSeer devices. Is there a special technique I need to use?

i think this was a bug in the current release 3.0.6.0. please try the beta version in the Beta Section of the Updater. I believe i have fixed the issue and you should be able to register the MS as usual.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

One MS Shows up / Another Does Not

Oddly, one of the two old style Insteon motion detectors I attempted to add as a device did add when I clicked the "set" button several times during the "add." It shows up with motion information, battery life, etc. in the "Home" screen.

The other one that I tried to add does not appear on the Home list but I was able to use it as an event trigger.

I will try out the beta soon.

Comment

You do have to put the ms into link mode before registering it with the plugin. Try that before the beta
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Intermittent Execution of Motion Sensor Triggered Events

I did try to put them into that mode first. It worked for my MS named "Yellow." For my MS named "Blue" it partially works. HomeSeer does not reveal the information on "Blue" in the Home screen, but it does list the device when I attempt to create an event where it is the trigger.

The triggering events I set up with "Yellow" and "Blue" (in each case for start of motion and end of motion) work intermittently.

Being new to this (My HomeSeer arrived on Saturday) I need some instructions on how to "make a backup of your insteon.ini ". I think I have to use some linux commands within the HomeSeer itself, rather than on my computer. But I don't know the steps. I am guessing that those steps are set out in writing somewhere on this Forum.

Comment

if you got both MSs registered, it may be a comm issue if messages from Blue aren't being received by the PLM.

as for backing up the insteon.ini, with the latest beta, there are event actions for creating backups of the insteon.ini as required.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

How to bring Beta version up to the top so it can be loaded

iI am going to try the beta, but I can't determine how to bring it up to my managed lists without buying it which I'm not ready to do yet. I tried the check box and the update link but neither brought it up to the top.

Meanwhile, the MS devices are intermittent in whether they work with HomeSeer. Both consistently work with my current setup, which is to use them as triggers for Insteon i/o devices which in turn trigger Omni CM modules physically. So I don't think that it is a communication issue although that is possible. The HomeSeer device is located rather close to both MS devices.

Comment

disable the current plugin. Then once you check the beta to install, there is an Install button you must click to install it.

you don't need an active license to install a beta

Homeseer will only see messages from the MSs if the PLM sees the messages.try a different circuit for the plm
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No button available to install Beta

I absolutely cannot find any place to click that will enable installation of the Insteon Beta. I've clicked the icon down in the Beta section. I've clicked the check box and then clicked the icon. I've clicked the "release information" but that just gives me information. I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to move the Insteon Beta from the list way down below and bring it up to the top where I can install it. I am new to all of this and there probably is a simple answer, but I don't know what that is.
                  Attached Files

Comment

after you check the box next to the plugin, back at the top you should see something like the following which will allow you to install it
                    Attached Files
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I believe I finally figured it out. I have to check the box and then go found the download and install. Your Beta then replaces the existing older version of your product rather than showing up as a separate entry in the live plug-in list.

So the Beta recognized my difficult second MS. Oddly, it called it a module rather than a sensor and yet it had the four features of a sensor, such as battery life and occupancy. I renamed it as a sensor.

The good news is that it seems to function well under the Beta. I will test it some more but I consider this to be very significant progress.

Comment

Glad you got it working.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                        X