User Logons and Passwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Logons and Passwords

Is there a way to add multiple users with passwords for access to the web server? If so can you limit what actions each user can perform?

Thank you,

jginnat

No and yes. The no. Natively HS does not allow but one "regular" user (administrator) and then guest access. The yes. Look through the script library. Someone has written either asp pages or vbs pages to allow what your wanting. If I can find it I'll post.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

http://www.c-website.com/securelinks.htm
      This is the new version that uses the new standard includes.

If you are using a previous version of secure links then you might want to wait until I write a script to change the old links to the new pages. Or you can make the changes yourself.

Upgrade instructions
      http://www.c-website.com/index6.htm

Jeff Farmer

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for your help. This will work for what I am trying to do.

Thanks,

Jeri

Comment

Cool package. So much to explore, its like candy at Christmas. I am just beginning to scratch the surface.

One thing I noticed was
          device_info.asp gives me
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Script error: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\homeseer.mdb'.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Did you mean CustomHS2k.mdb ?

======================

Also, in "Device Admin Setup" (hs/device_setup.asp) I have checked "Enforce Device Hide Setting" and in fact all "Hide XXXX" checkboxes, yet these columns still show up in the "Device list" (hs/device_list.asp) - is that a bug or am I misunderstanding what the setup is supposed to do ?

======================

More questions (oops, now I am getting greedy):
          in the reports/menu_setup.asp page (whose menu item is called "Secure Links Setup" but whose page title is "Custom web settings" btw/detail)
          are the fields for
          HomeSeer Internal IP Address
          External IP Address Device
          optional or required (what are they used for?)

And if you have multiple Audreys, in the field
          Touch Screen IPs
          what seperator would you like - a comma ? eg "192.168.1.12,192.168.1.87" ?

and what do the SQL fields mean - are they optional also ?

==============================

for the slide out menu - if I have web security set at None, I appear not to be able to add menu items to the slideout menu. Also, the "Slide out menu preferences" page gave me an out of index error the first time I referenced it. Cant reproduce it now that I have tried to add items (even if unsuccessfully) Just FYI.
          Also, would it make more sense to put the "Enable slide out menus" option in "Slide out menu preferences" rather than in "Secure Links setup aka Custom Web Settings aka Web Setup aka reports/menu_setup.asp) ?

=================================

I am confused by a link called "Site Options" which brings up a panel labeled "User Options"
          What is that supposed to do and why the user email instead of the user name ?

Argh- I just found out via BBS search that you have already started threads specific to your amazo-scripts. Perhaps you can edit your original HS Script library submission to include the links to the discussions (for the slow people like me?)

Perhaps this is glaringly obvious, but would you recommend as part of the installation procedure that one goes into HS options&gt;Web server and sets Login/Pw and "enable guest access" (others?)
          Or if we use "Enhanced", i.e. your security, leave HS login/pw empty, and set HS Options&gt;Web Server&gt;Advanced&gt;Home page to "reports/user_login.asp", also "Navigation Links location" to "None" (since we get links from your package) and check "Page1 displays before status" and "dont password protect home page" so we roll straight into your login page. Is that the intended use ?

I am also missing a "log out" link on the web page (if I want to force out rather than rely on timeout)

If no login occurs (eg "guest" access ?) are some of the links still functional ? Or do I have to make an account guest pw guest and make my audreys and other browsers used by non power users point to
          http://guest:guest@myip.com/reports/user_login.asp
          ??

==================================

MR26a link gives me
          Script error: Unable to open registry key "HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\HomeSeer MR26A\Global\Com Port" for reading.

Please interpret above solely as constructive feedback not criticism, I am most grateful for guys like you doing all the hard work and then sharing it !

Thx
          Robert
          ----------------------------
          Robert's Audrey pages
          http://www.canoma.com/audrey
          http://www.canoma.com/audrey/controlpanels

[This message was edited by Robert on Monday, 12 August 2002 at 05:55 AM.]

[This message was edited by Robert on Monday, 12 August 2002 at 06:01 AM.]

[This message was edited by Robert on Monday, 12 August 2002 at 06:17 AM.]

[This message was edited by Robert on Monday, 12 August 2002 at 06:43 AM.]

[This message was edited by Robert on Monday, 12 August 2002 at 06:59 AM.]

Comment

Go to the file ini_functions and look for the line:
            Const USEDEVRELATIONACCNT = "Yes"
            Change it to
            Const USEDEVRELATIONACCNT = "No"

That will fix the error with device_info.asp.

On the hide devices. Check to make sure that you have enabled security on the Secure Links setup page. If you select a security type of Enhanced then on the hide devices page you will see a dropdown so you can select the security level (1 to 10) to enforce the hiding. If you select Basic security you get a dropdown that will allow you to select between the HS admin and a guest. If the security is set to none, then it does not enforce the hiding of the devices.

Hmm, I missed the title and link not matching and have changed it to match. I'll post it sometime this week.

The HS IPs are optional. They are used for a function called getlink. This function allows you to have a link on a page that knows to display the internal IP to internal hits and display the external IP to external hits.
            For things like streaming video. The function is not used so the values are optional. However, if you decide to use the function in one of your page then you will have to make sure you put the values in.

Yes, the delimiter for the touchscreens is a comma.

The SQL fields are optional.

I'll look into the slide out items you mentioned.

The Site Options/User Options doesn't get the user name as this page will display the values based on who is hitting the page so it already knows the username. The email is not really used at this point. A future project involving email will use it. More later. This particular page is to allow each user to edit their options. As I release more modules that work with Secure Links this page will have more items for each user to set.

Yes, I would recommend setting the username/pasword and enable guest access. That way you have some security on the HomeSeer generated pages. The way I run my site is I login in with the admin password and everyone else logs in with guest in the popup window that HS handles. Then I have my home page set as the login page. Everyone logs in using their assigned login info. HS handles the basic security on its pages and Secure Links hadles the security on any custom asp pages.

The logout feature is needed and will be added once I finish up the current project that I'm working on.

If there is no login, then any page that is set to a secure level of 0 will still be viewable. Also make sure that the login page is set to a 0 secure level.

I'll see what I can figure out on the MR26a tonight. I have to hurry off to work. Email me if you have some more questions or ideas on features. jeff@c-website.com

Jeff Farmer

--
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

You da man !
              Tanks

----------------------------
              Robert's Audrey pages
              http://www.canoma.com/audrey
              http://www.canoma.com/audrey/controlpanels

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And if you have multiple Audreys, in the field
                Touch Screen IPs
                what seperator would you like - a comma ? eg "192.168.1.12,192.168.1.87" ?
                <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

put each ip in quotes and seperate them with commas:
                "192.168.1.12","192.168.1.87"

Paul

Comment

I would be interested too in what you find out about the Registry Read issue. I too am trying to read values from the registry (anti-virus software info) and get the same error as above.

Comment

Working...
                  X