How to register for WeatherBug API?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to register for WeatherBug API?

I just wanted to try this plugin in HS3. Used it in HS2 and liked it. Got a 30-day trial, but I see no way to register for their API. The web site mentions the switchover to the new Pulse API that is currently in progress. In the meantime, is there a way to get any API from Weatherbug, so that i can try this plugin out before my trial expires?

So... Should I just uninstall the plugin? No way to register for an API code?

Comment

I sent an e-mail to my WeatherBug contact and asked them when they plan on resuming their API request system. I hope to have an answer later today.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

No reply whatsoever from WeatherBug.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          No reply whatsoever from WeatherBug.
          Darn... I really liked the plugin....

Comment

Do you have an update on this. If not, could you ask them again when they plan on resuming their API request system... I own the plugin for HS2 and would like to have it for HS3 as well...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Coleman View Post
              Do you have an update on this. If not, could you ask them again when they plan on resuming their API request system... I own the plugin for HS2 and would like to have it for HS3 as well...

Thanks!
              I sent a question / request to WeatherBug, just like Ultra, about two weeks ago. So far - no reply of any kind...

Comment

Their website still states the API conversion is still in progress. WeatherBug has not replied to any of my e-mails.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

I got my key a while back and the plugin was working fine until recently; when it attempts to fetch data from the weatherbug site it gets an error: "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized." When I enter the URL in a browser, I get additional details:

{ "statusCode": 401, "message": "Access denied due to invalid subscription key. Make sure you are subscribed to an API you are trying to call and provide the right key." }

When I log into the http://api-portal.earthnetworks.com site, I still see my existing key. So looks like not just related to new setups but the service is not available anymore (or temporarily). Do yo think it is time to look for another solution (I hope not!)? Thanks

Comment

I got a reply from WeatherBug Customer Service about registering new users:

We expect the portal to be return towards the end of the first quarter.

Regards,
                    John
                    WeatherBug Customer Care

Comment

Working...
                    X