This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Plugin For HS3

Random plugin allows you to enter Categories and Phrases.
    You can call a function with a category and one of the phrases will be randomly returned as text or can be spoken.
    Speak Phrase, Set Device String and Compact Database is available as Event Actions.

Random Phrase is available in the Plugin Manager in the Utilities category.

1.0.0.7 Fixed the GetCityArray error.
    Last edited by CFGuy; September 1, 2014, 12:31 PM.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Fixed a bug that would not set a device string if all of the options was blank.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

1.0.0.7 Fixed the GetCityArray error.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I finally have a computer working and have Visual Studio installed and will be working on my plugins.

Random Phrase was causing problems where the plugin would not install so I worked on it first.

1.0.0.9 is in the updater now.

Fixes the problem not allowing the plugin to install.
        Apparently sometime last year that was a change in the plugins that broke the navigation tabs. Those are fixed now.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

* Directory paths now check the operating system to set the paths for use on Linux.
          * SQLite is now an option to use for the database. In addition it is now possible to copy the data from one database type to another.
          * Ability to add a phrase of #noSpeak# to be replaced with a blank which will cause no speaking.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

* When adding Phrases you can now select from the installed Voices. The phrase will speak in that voice. Or select HomeSeer default and the text will speak in the default voice that the speaker client is set for.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

* Fixed bug where a phrase was not being saved when a voice other than HS default was selected.
              * Changes to allow running on Linux.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I posted .12 message yesterday but then didn't get it in the updater.

It is there now and is available for HS3 on Linux.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I'm moving Random to 3.0.0.0 so the plugin starts with the same major number that HS does.

New version

WeatherXML Integration
                  * IMPORTANT NOTE.
                  If you are using both weatherXML and Random plugins.
                  weatherXML had a public function that was the same name as one of HS3's functions. I have renamed the function. Random was using that function to get a list of available weatherXML variables so you must update both. Random 3.0.0.0 goes with weatherXML 3.0.0.63

* Added a dropdown of weatherXML locations to the Random phrase editor to allow testing with a specific location when editing a phrase in the category selected for use with weatherXML. You can select a specific location or leave it on Please Select to have a random location used.

Categories
                  * Added a new feature. Select Normal, Prepend or Append for the Category type. This works with the new feature added to Random action for events.

Events
                  * Allows selecting "New Category" in an event. Reloads with a textbox for category, textbox for phrase. Enter both a new category and a phrase and it saves them to the database and selects the new category.

* Two new dropdowns have been added to the event setup.

One is for the Prepend Categories. You can select from a category or select "Use Text Below". If you select "Use Text Below" the setup works like it has in previous versions with a textbox.

The second one is for the Append Categories. You can select from a category or select "Use Text Below". This works the same as the Prepend Category.

Speak Phrases
                  * If the randomly selected phrase is a wav or mp3 file than the Speak prepend, Main and Speak append are treated as separate items to speak. This allows the prepend to speak, the audio file to be played and the append to speak.
                  If its not a wav or mp3 the prepend, main and append are sent as one long string to be spoken.
                  Last edited by CFGuy; February 1, 2017, 10:57 PM.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Fixed an error when trying to edit the categories
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                    X