Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of which, you can get a cheap Chomecast-Audio and have it play music through that by default from Google Home. You just won't get some audio to go through that like the spoken responses.

Originally posted by claude View Post
    Regular Google Home is far from high quality. It does the job.

The Max, from the reviews, is closer to the Sonos quality level. So is the price. Not trying to discourage you from getting the Max, but I would first evaluate my needs and personally I prefer to stream my audio through my AV system.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      HS only gives the ROOT to GH, but that is only for reference, like the name or voice command setting so it knows how to listen for it. But when GH tries to control it, it passes the ref ID of the root to us, then we cycle through the child devices looking for the correct device to control. We use the ControlUse settings for this. If those are set, it should be work.

Open a helpdesk ticket so we can connect to your system, then we can check the server logs and find out why its not finding the correct child device.
      Well, I got to testing this a lot latter than I had expected, but have a bit of vacation now to getting to play with it. The insteon thermostat shows up on Google Home and works. Still testing it, but have run into a problem on my first command. I said "Set thermostat to 72 degrees". It did change the thermostat, but set it to 70 degrees. (70 heat and 74 cool) I have my thermostat set to auto mode currently so I guess that is why it set both setpoints. I looked at the log and found this...

Device: Insteon Climate Heat to 69.9999984741211 (69.9999984741211) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Device: Insteon Climate AC to 73.9999984741211 (73.9999984741211) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

That looks strange. Can you comment on this, Rich?

EDIT:

I had a couple more issues...

1. As already mentioned by others, it tells me the mode when asking for the inside temperature.
      2. The mode that it tells me is on is heat even thought the mode was auto. I checked my mode device and it is set to status 3 (auto) and that status is marked for control-use of "thermostat auto"

I just tried to set mode and setpoint with a single command, (set heat to 72 degrees), and it worked. It changed mode to heat and the correct setpoint. However, it still shows in the log with the strange floating point number.

Device: Insteon Climate Mode to Heat (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Device: Insteon Climate Heat to 71.9999984741211 (71.9999984741211) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

EDIT 2...

Not only does it give the mode when asking, "what is the inside temperature", but is also does this when asking for the current setpoint, "what is the thermostat set to" (maybe that was mentioned in an earlier post as well, but wanted to make sure.
      Last edited by tpchristian; December 26, 2017, 11:59 AM.
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Hi,

Have been unable to add google home devices as well.

Have posted to the email address listed in this thread and referred to this url.

No urgency however as hs works fine using echos.

Comment

so far my kids are loving it... this is awesome.

so after figuring out that you need to unlink your acct then link it again for Google Home to recognize new items... I was able to get most of my stuff back in. Albeit, I had a hiccup and starting all over...
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I have upgraded HS to beta version. Thermostat seems to be working a bit better. I don't know if this is was the solution or something else changed on HS interface to GH. I need to do some more testing, but some things that were not working before are.

I got around to creating a scene and trying it. I was able to get that event (scene) synced over to GH. I can also activate that scene via voice. However it doesn't work. I get this in the log...

Code:
            JSON controldevicebyvalue caused an error: Input string was not in a correct format.
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Just got a Google Home mini and am seeing the same problems as many have reported - ie. when linking Homeseer (HS3Pro v 368)via Myhs, devices are not added. I have read this whole thread and support is often suggesting to "unlink" Homeseer from Home Control ..... how is that done?

I have tried to enable voice command for one device at a time, but so far I am unable to see any of my HS devices from GH. These are simple Fibaro shutter controls, in line power adapters etc.

Any suggestions, or should I just send my HS details to support?

Comment

Send an email to support@homeseer.com, that will open a ticket. We have an engineer looking into these.

Originally posted by Lio View Post
                Just got a Google Home mini and am seeing the same problems as many have reported - ie. when linking Homeseer (HS3Pro v 368)via Myhs, devices are not added. I have read this whole thread and support is often suggesting to "unlink" Homeseer from Home Control ..... how is that done?

I have tried to enable voice command for one device at a time, but so far I am unable to see any of my HS devices from GH. These are simple Fibaro shutter controls, in line power adapters etc.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Take a look at the status tab on your device. What is set for ControlUse for any of the states? If none of them are set that is likely your problem.

- Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                    Take a look at the status tab on your device. What is set for ControlUse for any of the states? If none of them are set that is likely your problem.
                    Looks normal to me "Status Off" and "Control Use: Off" and same for On. Seems that way for all my devices.

Comment

Lio,

You can also relink your devices by asking Google Home to do so. Give that a try. Say, "Hey Google, Relink Devices". This would re-sync the device without having to go through the pain of a total relink. If you want/need to totally unlink and relink you would go to Home Control in the menu in the Home app. From there, press the three dot menu in the upper right and select Manage Accounts. Then if you click on Homeseer, you will be able to unlink it. To relink you just follow the steps that you originally did to link HomeSeer.
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

GH tells me "syncing is unavailable for assistant". And I cannot see the unlink option in my GH menus.......

My suspicion is that there is a problem with my MYHS account. When you link in the initial setup, I would expect to see something in the HS log, but I see nothing. I have a support session open, but I guess they don't work weekends.....

Comment

So if you go to Home Control -> Three Dot Menu -> Manage Accounts, you should see a section for linked accounts. HomeSeer should be listed in that section if it was originally linked. If it doesn't show up there, I would say that it never successfully linked.

I don't know if this would show up in your log. The authorization is just to your MyHomeSeer account in the cloud. You do have that setup right. Can you login successfully on this...

https://myhs.homeseer.com/Login

If you can and HomeSeer didn't show up in the steps above, I would try to link again. Select HomeSeer in the Home Control menu. When you do the login during this process, try to observe if there is any kind of error while logging in.

GH tells me "syncing is unavailable for assistant". And I cannot see the unlink option in my GH menus.......

My suspicion is that there is a problem with my MYHS account. When you link in the initial setup, I would expect to see something in the HS log, but I see nothing. I have a support session open, but I guess they don't work weekends.....
                          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                          Web Site
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

When I go to Home Control, I briefly see a 3 dot menu top-right, but then it vanishes! Perhaps this indicates that there is a problem.......

I *am* able to login to my MYHS account.

Comment

If your three dot menu is displaying and vanishing, you might want to call or chat with Google Home support. However, they might give you grief because your country is not officially supported yet.

When I go to Home Control, I briefly see a 3 dot menu top-right, but then it vanishes! Perhaps this indicates that there is a problem.......

I *am* able to login to my MYHS account.
                              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                              Web Site
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

When you say that my country is "Not Supported by GH", do you mean that they might just not be willing to help? Presumably the device itself remains essentially the same as one from any other country? In actual fact this GH mini is a German model and out of the box, speaks German. But in the setup, presumably because my app is the English language version, it asks me to say Hey Google" - and then reverts to English.

Comment

Working...
                                X