This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden door sensor heartbeat not occurring

Sensor firmware 44, HS running 3.0.6.23 with serial PLM. After replacing the battery in my hidden door sensor, HS is not recording any heartbeat for it. The interval was set at the default (1 hour), so I changed it to 8 hours, which was successfully programmed. It has been a day and HS still says the last heartbeat was in October.

Mark, how should I debug this to determine if it is an issue with the sensor, the PLM, or the plug-in? BTW, the first link is for heartbeat reporting to the PLM.

Thanks,

Scott

is HS seeing on/off msgs from the door sensor?

maybe put the sensor into linking mode and reprogram it anyways
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, HS is seeing when the sensor goes off and on (closed and open). I programmed the Program Settings successfully (after putting it in linking mode), but have not issued a Reprogram.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbueffel View Post
        Yes, HS is seeing when the sensor goes off and on (closed and open). I programmed the Program Settings successfully (after putting it in linking mode), but have not issued a Reprogram.

Scott
        i would reread the links, and reprogram the device if the heartbeat link is missing. if the heartbeat link exists, delete it, and then reprogram.

the sensor won't send an heartbeat if the link from the sensor to plm is missing or currupt
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I did a factory reset, then reprogrammed the sensor. Checking now, I see that there was a heartbeat recorded 20 minutes ago. So, that worked.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbueffel View Post
            I did a factory reset, then reprogrammed the sensor. Checking now, I see that there was a heartbeat recorded 20 minutes ago. So, that worked.

Thanks,

Scott
            glad its working. in general any rf device requires a link back to the plm before it will send back the heartbeat, status, etc
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X