Sonos Not Talking (Sonos update issue?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Not Talking (Sonos update issue?)

My Homeseer system is no longer talking to me through Sonos. Sometime in the last couple of days I installed the latest update from Sonos. I am not sure if it has worked since. It may be unrelated.

It certainly is possible that it is just something else on my system. Before I start digging into it I just wanted to see if anyone else has installed the latest Sonos PC Controller Software (which updated the Sonos system).

I can still control the music from Homeseer, it seems to only an issue when I use Sonos for announcements. I use use the line-in jack to feed the audio. I don't see anything obvious in the logs, though I have not done a thorough check. It could also be an issue with my audio hardware feeding Sonos.

Has anyone else installed the latest Sonos update? Is everything still working OK?

Thanks,

Lou

I have upgraded to Sonos SW R3.7 a few days ago, haven't noticed anything wrong but haven't paid attention either. You can always turn debug flag, do an announcement and email me the log.
    I'll try some announcement tomorrow, including those from the audio input port.
    Dirk

update: announcement via "speak to file" seems to work properly

Comment

Lou,

indeed SW 3.7 changed the default behavior for linking players to audio input ports.

I just posted a new beta, I would appreciate if you could confirm this solves your problem. I'll wait a few days and then post it on the HS Updater as the latest official plug-in release.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

v1.0.0.88 fixes the issue.

I was going to spend this morning troubleshooting this, now that the wife has heard the "house" speaking again, I have to clean the garage instead. Thanks a lot.

Lou

Comment

Dirk,

Thanks for the update. Fixed my issues as well.

Comment

Working...
          X