Sonos PlugIn has lost connection to Sonos system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos PlugIn has lost connection to Sonos system

For some reason the PI is no longer able to talk to my Sonos system. Granted I've had a few changes with some of the players offline at the moment, but three of the zones are still active.

I can't control the zones from the PI and I get no feedback from the zones when music is started etc.

Probably something easy to fix, but I'm stuck and can't work out what is goind wrong.

I've tried rediscovering the zones. I've reinstalled the PI etc etc. but still can't work out what is going wrong.

I'm on .105 of the PI and .78 of HS and 3.8.3 on Sonos.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong and what I can do to get it working again? (preferably without having to recreate the zones as they are used in various events and HST screens).

Thanks
    Nicolai L

you said some of the sonos units are offline. Do you still have one active that is wired to your network?

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

Yes and I can control all the active units from the Sonos controller installed on my laptop. I can still stream from the Internet etc. It appears to only be the connection to HS that is missing.
      Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
        Granted I've had a few changes with some of the players offline at the moment, but three of the zones are still active.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong and what I can do to get it working again? (preferably without having to recreate the zones as they are used in various events and HST screens).

Thanks
        Can you describe what exactly you changed.

Turn the PI's debug flag on (don't forget to click save), restart HS and post the log file so we can see what is going on.

When you say, nothing can be controlled, is that from HST screens or also not from the HS web pages?

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

Whilst pulling the log files I found the problem!

I had recently installed a new router. On the same IP address, but obviously different MAC address. Windows 7 took this to mean that the PC was now on a Public network and hence blocked a load of ports.

Once I switched it back to being on a Private network the communication kicked back in again!

Thanks
          Nicolai
          Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
          X