Hue Bridge 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue Bridge 2.0

I have a new Hue Bridge 2.0. I'm just curious if it works with this plugin or should I stick with the old bridge for now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by dbmet View Post
    I have a new Hue Bridge 2.0. I'm just curious if it works with this plugin or should I stick with the old bridge for now?

Dbmet,

I am doubting if it works. I am here still waiting for a bridge. It is expected to be send only next monday, as Philips seems to hold back on sending the new bridges seperatly. Only with starter kits you can get hold of this bridge now. And i really do not need a started kit anymore

One other user has tested it, and finds issues. So if you can hold back?

I will test as soon I get my hands on it, and solve connection issues ASAP. After that I will do a release and start testing for moving te bridge..... That wll be done with a new release again.

What are you planning, is it a new bridge, or will you be moving lights to the new bridge?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I'm doing a lot. I will be switching from Vera to Homeseer, then it would be moving old hue lights to new bridge.

I will hold off for now. Thanks for your help!!

Comment

I will keep you posted on progress. If you do the move of lights to the new bridge before connecting the a bridge to the plugin, you should be able to do that somewhere next week.

If you first want to use the old bridge on this plugin, you already can do it, but have to wait with moving to the new bridge until the second update (I hope 2 weeks)

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Just curious if you got your 2.0 bridge in. Mine showed up Wednesday and the plugin doesn't find the new bridge. I guess they changed something.

Comment

I got them yesterday. Basic issues are solved here, but there is more finetuning needed here. Hoping to finish it soon

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the update

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                I got them yesterday. Basic issues are solved here, but there is more finetuning needed here. Hoping to finish it soon

Wim
                Any significant improvements for us 1.0 user; other than HomeKit stuff?
                Higher refresh rate or immediate Hue Tap status update?
                HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                  Any significant improvements for us 1.0 user; other than HomeKit stuff?
                  Higher refresh rate or immediate Hue Tap status update?
                  LeoS,

Nothing other then HomeKit stuff. Certainly at this point both bridges are the same, but it was Apple demanding certain security stuff in the chip to support Homekit. At least that is what I find on the net on this.

Philips also told me that the old bridge will still be supported, getting firmware upgrades etc. So i am hoping they will also keep the API in sync on both bridges.

No need for now to step over to bridge V2 at this point Unless you want Siri to switch the lights on. And this already have a nice alternative with the Homebridge - check for homebridge on this forum, where stipus is doing a nice job

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Very cool, thanks.
                    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Pretty neat. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        LeoS,

Nothing other then HomeKit stuff. Certainly at this point both bridges are the same, but it was Apple demanding certain security stuff in the chip to support Homekit. At least that is what I find on the net on this.

Philips also told me that the old bridge will still be supported, getting firmware upgrades etc. So i am hoping they will also keep the API in sync on both bridges.

No need for now to step over to bridge V2 at this point Unless you want Siri to switch the lights on. And this already have a nice alternative with the Homebridge - check for homebridge on this forum, where stipus is doing a nice job

Wim
                        Wim,

As you know I have been working on the HomeSeer platform for HomeBridge.
                        Currently, the platform only supports standard HomeSeer light devices, those devices that have control values from 0 (off), 1-99 (dim), and 100 (full-on).

I have also been using the Philips Hue Platform for HomeBridge to control my Hue lights from SIRI, but I have never been able to choose the color...

I have tried many sentences... to switch on the light X using color Y, or set light X color to Y... but it looks it's not supported yet from SIRI... (at least with the french version of SIRI).

With the new Hub, do you know if there are supported SIRI sentences to change light colors ? Does Philips give any sample sentences to switch colors ?

If this is supported, I could rework the HomeBridge platform to fully support composite HS lights that use multiple devices for ON/OFF, Color, Sat...
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Stipus,

I am using the homebridge with your script at the moment on a synology box. works like a charm :-)
                          It works fine here But indeed it is hard to control the color with the homeseer devices, as I guess you would need a combined device like the thermostat.

I have added the homekit support from Philips hue and that is where you see that philips indeed uses combined devices to hiomekit devices.

I was guess testing how Siri would set colors and I got lucky here. But that was in Dutch LOL, so that is a challenge for others. It was a sentence "Zet de lamp TV Rechts op blauw" (Set my lamp TV Right to blue). And, the correct light turned blue. So it works with the new bridge.

I found a good document from philips on the howto here. Maybe this can put you on track?

If you want to I could also post or pm a sample on the details in Mytouchhome on a hue light?

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Thank you.... I found the following sentences in the document:

– Turn on my lamp name>(e.g., “Turn on my Cooking lamp”)
                            – Turn off my lamp name
                            – Dim my lamp name to xx% (e.g., “Dim my bedside lamp to 90%”)
                            – Dim my lamp name
                            – Set my lamp name to color (e.g., “Set my Reading lamp to orange”)

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a french translation for the last one... that siri would understand !!!

As I can change the color from the HomeKit app Eve.... I'm sure Homebridge is properly configured... but I couldn't find a way to set the color from SIRI (still trying...)
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

If I use translator (my french is just bad...) it seems "Tourner" would be a common keyword replacement for the Dutch sentence as well as the english?

But that is just a very wild guess from here...

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X