Z-wave Toggle Dimmer? ZooZ Zen24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave Toggle Dimmer? ZooZ Zen24

Over the last 5+ years I've been happily using a number of Intermatic HA20s for my z-wave toggle dimmers. I recently upgraded one room to LEDs and the old switch is not compatible with LEDs which results in the bulbs never fully turning off. All of my switches are toggle so I don't want to "upgrade" to decora.

My understanding has been that GE 12729s were the only game in town for toggle z-wave dimmers. I am a bit put off by the GEs. Not only are the on the higher price range, the exceptionally long toggles do not blend into my other toggles and I feel thee need and additional cost for proprietary add-on switches is ridiculous.

In my search for an alternative to GE I came across the ZooZ Zen24. The problem is that I cannot find anything other than this Amazon listing on this product or the company. They are not in the Z-Wave Device Library and searching Google doesn't yield anything. These switches have the 500 chip so they cannot be that old.

Does anyone have any experience with this device or ZooZ? The product description says they require "high-quality" (Whatever that means) dimmable LEDs and doesn't indicate if the support 3-way.

Any advice or suggestions on an alternative to the GE dimmers would be appreciated.

Thank you!

ZOOZ

I don't have any Zooz dimmers but I did Purchase two - ZOOZ Z-Zave Plus Gas/Water Valve Control ZAC03 from Amazon. I installed them on my washer cold and hot water lines and they work great! The pilot lights (Blue LED on top of valve) are on when the valves are closed. I would like them on when the valves are on...working on it
    If any one knows how to change this please let me know. The only settings are All OFF and ON.

Comment

I'm looking into the same switches as you. Glad I ran across your post. Moved into a new house and it seems to have a ridiculous number of switches. Countless 3 way, dimmers, and regular on/off light switches for every nook and cranny. So I've decided to tackle it one essential light switches at a time rather then change all the switches at once. So with this option, I've realized the transition will be easier with the family if I stick to toggle switches.

I will be getting these, but it will be a bit before I do, as there is so much to do when you move!
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by scg View Post
        I don't have any Zooz dimmers but I did Purchase two - ZOOZ Z-Zave Plus Gas/Water Valve Control ZAC03 from Amazon. I installed them on my washer cold and hot water lines and they work great! The pilot lights (Blue LED on top of valve) are on when the valves are closed. I would like them on when the valves are on...working on it
        If any one knows how to change this please let me know. The only settings are All OFF and ON.
        I don't know the answer to your question, but I appreciate the response. I'm guessing that Zooz is a newcomer. Even their website says coming soon.

I didn't get an answer as to the 3-way options but I went to the Amazon resellers main site and there was documentation that shows the devices has a traveler. I'm going with the assumption that they would only have a traveler if it supports 3-way. I also didn't see any silly proprietary switches like the GE requires so I'm also assuming it's "standard" 3-way.

As of today the reseller (The Smartest House) has them on sale. I ordered two of the Zen 24s so hopefully I'll be in luck.

Comment

Originally posted by st8ofmi9d View Post
          I didn't get an answer as to the 3-way options but I went to the Amazon resellers main site and there was documentation that shows the devices has a traveler. I'm going with the assumption that they would only have a traveler if it supports 3-way. I also didn't see any silly proprietary switches like the GE requires so I'm also assuming it's "standard" 3-way.
          I e-mailed the address on the Zooz website and they got back to me pretty quickly. The indicated that they are owned by The Smartest House and unfortunately they do not support 3-way unless you use the GE add-on. Bummer!

They indicated that the lack of support for standard 3-way is due to Z-wave. I had old z-wave dimmers (not capable of LED) supporting 3-way with standard 3-way switches.

Comment

This really SuCkS!
            I was set on these switches, but I've got way too many three way switches to have a mix of zooz and ge aux switches. Oh well, I'll have to just stick to the GE toggle or ge decora. Thanks for posting your correspondence!

Originally posted by st8ofmi9d View Post
            I e-mailed the address on the Zooz website and they got back to me pretty quickly. The indicated that they are owned by The Smartest House and unfortunately they do not support 3-way unless you use the GE add-on. Bummer!

They indicated that the lack of support for standard 3-way is due to Z-wave. I had old z-wave dimmers (not capable of LED) supporting 3-way with standard 3-way switches.
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by scg View Post
              There may be settings on these but none of the ZooZ products appear to be Z-Wave certified yet. Once they're certified and we receive engineering samples with the final firmware, we can add support for whatever features they have.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

FWIW, the WD-100+ are (were?) back in stock yesterday! I bought ten. Don't hate me.

Comment

Originally posted by PoZoWo
                  I picked up a few to try while waiting for Homeseer to have more WD100+ dimmers in stock (I seem to miss when they re-stock).
                  We have tons in stock now... got them yesterday. FYI
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X