Any other GUI for HS3??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other GUI for HS3??

I must be doing something wrong or clicked something I shouldn't have because I just can't figure out how to do anything in HS3. Everything seems to take several extra steps and then what is represented is almost worthless.

I initiated the Device Status page but all I get is an icon. How do you customize the GUI so it is usable? .....or is it not supposed to look like this?
    Attached Files

This probably doesn't help, but I've never figured out what exactly to do with this feature or the built in energy graphing page. So your not alone. Now hopefully someone else who's made use of this will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

The device page was an attempt at grouping things for quick view... as you are noticing, it was a failure and now by default is disabled.

HSTouch is this purpose and granted it has it's own issues, it does what you are wanting to do very well.

The GUI is for setup in my opinion, just as is the case with any device, and once things are setup, there is no need to live in it (except for more tweaking).

Create your interface with HSTouch and leave the HTTP GUI to setup, you will be less frustrated.

Comment

^^^This

Use HSTouch to build your interface. Dont use the Device Status page.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
          The device page was an attempt at grouping things for quick view... as you are noticing, it was a failure and now by default is disabled.

HSTouch is this purpose and granted it has it's own issues, it does what you are wanting to do very well.

The GUI is for setup in my opinion, just as is the case with any device, and once things are setup, there is no need to live in it (except for more tweaking).

Create your interface with HSTouch and leave the HTTP GUI to setup, you will be less frustrated.
          Ugh. I was really hoping that was not the answer. I bought in to HSTouch for HS2 and only made one mobile screen from it. Is Designer for HS3 any easier to use? But should we really need to buy another app so that we can use the first one? Setup should be the EASIEST thing to do....and its NOT. Bleh. Sorry. Fever and a sore throat today so I am already moody... HS3's GUI is not helping.

THANK YOU for your straight forward answer.

Comment

Check out HSmetro. Takes a little work to get it set up, and it's not as powerfull as HStouch, but it's browser-based and FREE.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...hlight=hsmetro
            Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Gee... I'm not even sure how you did that. I do like the idea of tabs though.
              For myself, I will build HStouch screens, probably use Jon's webpage builder and/or th Imperihome plugin - not quite there yet with my setup. Though, I must say, I'm more happy with HS3 than I thought I'd be.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

have a look at ImperiHome, it's very easy to setup and super fast:

here is a thread with some screenshots: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180224

Comment

THANKS!

I see that I am not alone.... I just whine more.

Looks like two good alternatives! I will check them out!

Thanks!

Rob

Comment

Imperihome = Fast and Easy setup, (Thanks to Spuds hard work)
                    HSTouch = Hard and Slow setup but very powerful.

Even though I paid for the designer, I just don't have the time to put into the difficult to use buggy program. So I jumped right back to Imperihome (used when I was with Vera) when spud got everything working.

I couldn't give Spud my money fast enough.. :-)
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I had a Fibaro Home Center 2 until 2 month back when I decided to switch to Homeseer. Coming from HC2, it is a daily pain to look at the ugly interface of Homeseer. Fibaro design is awesome- a pleasure to look,setup and use it. But they have issues on the functionality side - my smoke sensors used to beep in the middle of the night every few weeks for no reason. So...after few episodes my wife gave me the ultimatum: remove this **** out of the house .

I have the HS Touch, installed it and tried to create some screens. That piece of software looks like an unfinished student project. I gave up after few hours.
                      Now I have the ImperiHome plugin- is better...but still a long way to go.

Would be nice if Homeseer will start giving some extra attention to the design approach they have. One can only hope.
                      P.S. The positive- system is stable for now- all devices work as they should.
                      Last edited by ccosma; May 20, 2016, 02:35 AM.

Comment

What is it with the bashing of the HS UI these days?!?

I don't use HS to look at the UI and appreciate it like a piece of precious, modern art. I use HS to automate my home and my life. And for that, HS works wonders. It's more efficient to set up, and to use.

Yes, we get it. It's not the prettiest compared to the glossy, shiny UIs that have become the norm after The Horror (also known as the iPhone) was launched.

In my opinion, if you have a smart home, and you STILL keep reaching for your phone to do various tasks, then you are doing something wrong. "Home automation" is nothing without the "automation" part, and HomeSeer makes it easier to really make a "smart home" worthy of its name.

I'm NOT saying things couldn't be better. But I hope that the team is spending their time doing something useful, like adding functionality or fixing bugs, than adding lens flares to buttons or fading sun sets to the web page gradients.
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                          What is it with the bashing of the HS UI these days?!?

I don't use HS to look at the UI and appreciate it like a piece of precious, modern art. I use HS to automate my home and my life. And for that, HS works wonders. It's more efficient to set up, and to use.

Yes, we get it. It's not the prettiest compared to the glossy, shiny UIs that have become the norm after The Horror (also known as the iPhone) was launched.

In my opinion, if you have a smart home, and you STILL keep reaching for your phone to do various tasks, then you are doing something wrong. "Home automation" is nothing without the "automation" part, and HomeSeer makes it easier to really make a "smart home" worthy of its name.

I'm NOT saying things couldn't be better. But I hope that the team is spending their time doing something useful, like adding functionality or fixing bugs, than adding lens flares to buttons or fading sun sets to the web page gradients.

HomeSeer's UI is it's "business card" to non-users. When I espouse the merits of HomeSeer over say... SmartThings, people inevitably want to see the UI. And everytime they see it, the reaction is the same. "Ewww".

Think of it this way. Mac OSX is a close cousin to BSD. BSD is very functional and powerful, but you would never recommend it to your neighbor, mom, or aunt. Apple took BSD, and added the glitz and polish and the bells and whistles, and you get OSX.. something anybody can use and yearn for.

IMHO, HomeSeer is missing out on a huge market here.

Comment

That's what interns are for. So far Touch Designer hasn't run more than five minutes for me without crashing. On it's own brand new Windows 7 install. I have one plugin that stopped working the day after I paid for it and the developer has some family things to deal with. His choice is entirely appropriate but I paid for that plugin on the HomeSeer site, it doesn't work, and I don't know from day to day is anyone even trying to fix it. There is no backup for the developers in this system and most of the maintenance gets done by the users. So yeah, there is reason to speak up. Great software. Not a very good operating model.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
                              Apple took BSD, and added the glitz and polish and the bells and whistles, and you get OSX..
                              Yes, I agree, that's a problem.
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                              X