Beta JowiHue: adding support for RaspBee and ConBee gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta JowiHue: adding support for RaspBee and ConBee gateway

The new beta can be found in the beta section of the "manage plugins" page of your installation.

Update:

[I] Released 2.0.1.0 - October 16 2017[I]

Release candidate 2.0.0.24 - October 11 2017
    In this beta important changes have been done regaring the use of deCONZ on non standard ports. Several issues in this area have been solved on this version. If you are planning to use a ConBee on the same machine as your HS3 machine, then you need to use this version.
    Also several smaller issues on sensors have been solved in this beta.

Release candidate 2.0.0.20 - September 25 2017
    • Enabled bright 0 in the JowiHue actions/set lights action. Bright 0 will set light off from now on.
    • Solved some sensor issues with frequent updates.
    • Solved an issue where groups an sensors could throw errors when the plugin was not finished starting yet.
    • Solved an issue on the bridge maintenance page where lights would not be shown correct.

Release candidate plugin v 20.0.0.17 - September 14 2017
    • The plugin is updated to support deCONZ 2.04.76.
    • Device icons are updated for a fresh look. They are also simplified as many brands can now be used in the plugin
    • Remotes and motion sensors will be converted to use the right values. You might need to check your events on this.
    • Added support for the Xiaomi MI Cube. Fun to play with! Look here
    • Created a 'generic' version for motion sensers and remotes. This way a new device will create devices and you can check which values are used, even if yet unknown to the plugin.
    • Solved a few issues regarding handling of groups
    • Solved an error during the database conversion.
    • If a bridge scene is used in a JowiHue action, the id would be shown as description of the action. This is corrected.
    • Editing scenes would go wrong if the name of a light contained a apostrophe. This is now works as expected.
    • There was an issue where the plugin finds a new update for the bridge. This was caused by the new method of updating by Philips. This has been resolved. The plugin can now correctly update the firmware of the bridge again.

Dresden electronics released a beta deCONZ and firmware today to be tested on the USB ConBee.
    Those that were waiting to use the USB ConBee to connect to the Homeseer server on Windows or Ubuntu can now join in:

Windows: https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/de...2_V2_04_74.exe

Linux Ubuntu: https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz/ubuntu/beta/

New beta plugin v 20.0.0.16 - September 1 2017
    • Issue with the incomplete XML file has been resolved
    • Corrected remote control, bothe IKEA and Philips Dimmerswitch were having issues to be added to the plugin.
    • Added an option in the Configuration page/Miscellanious tab to disable the creation of sensorgroups, which is only neeNZ, there would be no need of these groups.
    • Again lots of small changes to improve the efficiency of the plugin.

I hope the plugin will be pretty much stable from here.

New beta plugin v 2.0.0.15 - August 30 2017
    Lots of changes in this version, making it more stable.
    • Sensors can now be moved between bridges as well, keeping events and devicenumbers the same.
    • Handling of unknown light models is been improved. You will get the question to report the model to the plugin authour only once. If you get the question, please include the possiblilities (color, or color temperature, of just white) and the powerconsumption (5 Volt) and usage expectations (25000 hours).
    • A button has been added to the configuration page, Miscelannious tab. This button will export the bulb definitions, this enables you to send the file with the definitions for unknown bulbs.
    • Support for the motion sensor of TRADFRI IKEA is added. Other brands of motion sensors should add normally, if they have extra functions, let me know.
    • Support for the TRADFIRI IKEA remotes have been added (works even better as the Philips DimmerSwitch here).
    • If you had the Dimmer Switch or the IKEA remote added before, you best delete the devices for the remote(s) before starting the plugin as its definitions are fine tuned.
    • Solved an issue when a 'virgin' installation with a RaspBee/ConBee was done. The plugin would neve finish initialisation. This is resolved now.
    • The help documentation is now included in the installation. It is still a work in process, but it should help you get started.
    • Found an issue with moving lights that would throw out errors in certain situation. A restart would solve it, but I added some code to prevent this situation from happening.
    • Lots of small changes to make sure the plugins speed matches the RaspBee/ConBee speed.

Thanks to the brave ones that helped me kick issues and add improvements

new beta plugin v 2.0.0.11 - August 21 2017
    • Lights can now be moved (one by one!) between bridges; the plugin will update the devices and clear the light from the old bridge. Events stay intact.
    • Improved usage of configuration page
    • removing lights from bridge is now available in the bridge maintenance page
    • Bridge group creation, editing and deletion is moved to the bridge maintenance page
    • colorloops can now vary in speed by using a RaspBee/Conbee gateway. In the JowiHue action you can even differ per light.
    • Dim values can now be used a percentage (for alexa users)
    • Lightlevel values on motion sensors can now be shown as Lux values
    • Scanning for new sensors to the bridge can now be started on the configuration page
    • Update user documentation
    • Many small bug fixes

new beta plugin v 2.0.0.8 - August 16 2017
    • Information added and ability to delete lights from the bridge on the "bridge maintenance" page of the plugin
    • Moved group editing from the "configuration" page to the "bridge maintenance" page
    • Improved groups management of devices
    • On a RaspBee it was possible that a sensorcommand was triggering twice. Won't happen anymore
    • Implemented several small API improvements to level 2.0.04.64 of RaspBee.

Find the RaspBee here at Amazon as assembled kit, or as Raspberry pi addon here.

The ConBee USB gateway is also dielivering the deCONZ gateway, but has an adavantage that you can connect this device to your Windows, Mac or Ubuntu machine with Homeseer running on the same machine. Also, the USB is taking advantage of the CPU and memory on this machine, where the RaspBee by its nature could be a much smaller machine, although it has proven to run perfectly with 60+ devices.

Advantages of using the RaspBee/ConBee devices as ZigBee gateway is WebSocket support, which enables immediate response for sensor devices (motion sensors and button sensors) and light settings without the need of polling. It is possible to connect a total of 200 devices to these gateways. Also, there are more supported ZigBee enabled devices which can now be controlled by this plugin in combination with the gateways, including sharing presets, scenes and animations between the different brands!
    The developers are striving to support most - if not all - ZigBee Home Automation, ZigBee Light Link and ZigBee 3.0 devices, having a power device to support almost everything.

A short growing list of supported brands of lights and plugs:

For a complete overview check this compatibility sheet

The plugin at its current level supports use of deCONZ 2.04.75. The RaspBee is already provided with an installed copy of deCONZ. Once the Raspbee is started, you should be able to upgrade from the webpage that is shown when you go to the ipadress of the RaspBee and login with the default user and password.

The ConBee can be used with Windows, MAC and Linux. A new beta for Ubuntu and Windows is available, the link is on top of this post.

During the beta stage of the plugin, I will try to implement important beta changes for the RaspBee as well.

The plugin wil continue to support the Philips Hue bridge as well, so in fact this plugin is supporting two environments from now on!

Aside from the updates needed for the new type of bridges the next updates were done for the Philips bridge:
    • Added the ability to scan for new sensors on the bridges
    • Corrected the Group editing functions on the configuration pages
    • Added new types of lights coming from Philips
    • it is now possible to move a light to a different bridge while the plugin is running... only one at a time!
    • if a motion sensor is moved to a different bridge, the plugin will remove the sensor form the old bridge and remove the old devices. A new set of devices is created with the same sensor name.
    • Many small improvements and bugs caught

When you are on a Philips bridge and have the time, please also test this beta plugin if possible. We need to be sure everything is still working as expected.

If you have questions or issues regarding this beta, please post them in this thread!

And a special thanks to posixx, who helped me big time by pointing me to this development and taking a big leap by migrating 60 lights and a load of taps and motion sensors to the RaspBee! And it works great already with this beta. The fact that signals are immediate now are very noticable

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; October 16, 2017, 10:26 AM. Reason: Released
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

I like to tinker. I received my RaspBee board today, Amazon had it in stock. I tried installing it on one of my existing RPi3's that is dedicated to HS3 (I run half of my plug-ins remotely there, including JowiHue), but ran into some conflicts with existing hardware and software. So rather than fight it, I am going to install it by itself on another RPi3. That is a project for the next week or so. I did install the beta plug-in on my HS3 system that only has one Hue motion sensor on it. The other HS3 system has a lot more and I will wait on that for a while. I'm willing to test out anything with the RaspBee once I get it set up, and plan to replace the existing V1 Hue bridge with the RaspBee. Once that is completed, I will be running a distributed HS3 system over four RPi's (one of them is a RPi1 HS Z-Net).

Bill

Comment

Bill,

You're welcome

I am less of a tinkerer, so I got myself the assembled raspBee and also th e ConBee. So far I have moved 6 motion sensors, 6 lights, one Tap and one DimmerSwitch to the RaspBee. The motion sensors are controling lights on the Philips bridges here through events on the plugin. Works perfect here
      I will try to get me an Osram plug soon, so I can test this with the RaspBee and see if it is something I'd like to use.

You will like the speed of response with the motion sensors. The plugin was doing pretty well with the polling speed to the philips bridge, but having the gateway connecting through a websocket is just a lot snappier
      Won't go back here anymore unless Philips decides to offer a direct connection too.

Am still working on the plugin. Last change that will be published next week is a change on the configuration page to make it easier to go to the bridge group with a tab. Also synchonizing groups from bridges has been improved.

Thanks!

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Guys,

Running the beta for a while now with the following config:

============================================================ ==================================
        0 Animations available for use in this plugin
        2 Local scenes available for use in the JowiHue plugin
        23 Presets available for use in the JowiHue plugin
        -------------------------------------Plugin info ---------------------------------------------
        5 Lightlevel sensor(s) found on bridge 'RaspBee' with 5 supporting HS device(s)
        5 Temperature sensor(s) found on bridge 'RaspBee' with 5 supporting HS device(s)
        5 Motion sensor(s) found on bridge 'RaspBee' with 5 supporting HS device(s)
        7 TAP(s) found on bridge 'RaspBee' with 7 supporting HS device(s)
        15 Groups available on bridge 'RaspBee'
        62 lights connected to bridge 'RaspBee'
        -------------------------------------Bridge info ---------------------------------------------
        ============================================================ ==================================

I have configured the motion sensors with HS events, this works perfectly! My lights turn on as fast as using the philips bridge with rules. Before i tried controlling lights with HS events using polling on the philips bridge but response was too slow in my opinion, so used bridge rules. Now finally we have a solution to use zigbee sensors controlling other stuff as well.

Many thanks to Wim who did a tremendous job implementing the deCONZ API / Websocket in his plugin! Development of the API is very active and open for suggestions so i think we have a killer combination here..

Comment

I got the RaspBee working with the supplied image and a RPi3. It was able to discover a new Hue bulb that I am going to use for testing.

JowiHue found the bridge, but how do I "push the button" on the RaspBee so it can connect?

Also, do you have some instructions on how to migrate devices from the Hue bridge to the RaspBee?

Thanks,
          Bill

Comment

Bill,

Good one! Should have told you I think. if you go to the ip address of the RaspBee with your browser, you arrive at the WebApp, you have to logon wit the default account information (delight/delight).
            If you then go to the settings page, press unlock gateway. Then on the JowiHue page you can press the register button and it will be connected from then on. In a next beta I will try to combine it all in the plugin, I should be able to do both there....

As for migrating, there is on the same page a button "scan for devices".
            You have to hold the raspbee near to the light to move to the new bridge. After pressing this button you wil have to wait a bit for the lights in the neighbourhood to appear. you can look at the JowiHue device propertie page (jowiHue tab) for the uniqueid (mac address) of the light. You'll find the same id in the result of the scan for device results. Once you have the light, pressing reset will free the light and a subsequent "open network"or "scan for lights"in the JowiHue plugin will imprt the light into RaspBee.
            If you do this one by one, waiting on the plugin to move the light, you should be able to do that. If the plugin has both bridges, the old bridge where the light resides and the raspbee, where the light moves o, the plugin will recognise this and will keep te same devices for the light on raspbe - all events stay intact because of that. Once the plugn has moved the light, it will also delete the light from the old bridge.
            Once this went well, you should be ble to move the next light.

Do not try to move two lights at the same time! I was not able to catch that good enough yet, the plugin will throw loads of errors then

Wim
            Last edited by w.vuyk; August 14, 2017, 12:45 PM.
            -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

Thank you. I thought maybe the web interface would help, but didn't know the default userid/password. I got it working. I also messed around until I was able to move a motion sensor over. But it wasn't working very well. So I then figured out how to upgrade to the 2.04.64 development version and everything started working. So I have a working light and a working motion sensor on the RaspBee.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

Thanks for the update. I will need to update the user guide for this. Did not do this and had it on the to do list.
                Normally moving a motion sensor should be simple.

Start the scan for sensors in the plugin's configuration page end immediatly press the reset button on the back of the sensor for two or three seconds. Once the plugin finds the motion sensor it will discover it is coming from the other bridge (which should also be registered to the plugin). It will then internally move the motion sensor to the new bridge and rename the sensors on the new bridge with the names that were used on the old bridge. The devices will change their reference numbers during this process. In the last step it will remove the old devices and also the sensors from the old bridge. This saves you from having to grab for another app to remove the sensors from the old bridge.

I am still hoping I will be able to also save the events, but up till now this doesn't work.

Another hint maybe is to enable deep logging and logging to file for the time being. If you run into issues you can then send me the log if needed. This logfile is residing in the logs subdirectory of your HS installation directory. Make sure if you have issues to stop the plugin and catch the JowiHue.log and JowiHue-last.log and save these?

Thanks!

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Wim,
                  I will turn on the debugging.

What I did was add the sensor to the RaspBee using the WebApp, then tried to do a scan sensor. JowiHue sort of figured out what I had done, but not quite. I am not sure if it is because of the older version of the RaspBee software. I ended up stopping JowiHue, deleting the sensor in the Hue bridge using my smartphone, upgrading the RaspBee software and deleting the HS3 sensor devices. Then I did the JowiHue scan, and it found it and added the devices.

Bill

Comment

A new beta 2.0.0.8 is available, check the first post for details.
                    -- Wim

Comment

A new beta 2.0.0.11 will be available in the updater soon. Check the first post for the updates. also on the first post I have attached the user guide, which can help you get started with more details.

Thanks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                        Wim,
                        I will turn on the debugging.

What I did was add the sensor to the RaspBee using the WebApp, then tried to do a scan sensor. JowiHue sort of figured out what I had done, but not quite. I am not sure if it is because of the older version of the RaspBee software. I ended up stopping JowiHue, deleting the sensor in the Hue bridge using my smartphone, upgrading the RaspBee software and deleting the HS3 sensor devices. Then I did the JowiHue scan, and it found it and added the devices.

Bill
                        Bill,

Hope the plugin is still doing well?
                        I have managed to create the possibility in the plugin to move the motion sensors (and taps and DimmeSwitches) easier now. On the configuration page you can now scan for sensors on the bridges (both deCONZ and Philips).
                        In the next version of the beta, next week, it will be able to move a sensor, like it does now with the lights. You can move sensors one by one between bridges without having to check your events, even the device does not change.
                        This will make moving to a new bridge a lot easier :-)

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

Yes, it is. I only had the one motion sensor and a few lights and I have moved them over and disconnected the Hue bridge. I have started to add additional sensors and lights. I had a couple of GE Link lights from a starter kit that were easy to add, and I purchased a couple more Hue motion sensors. The speed in which they react is amazing. As fast or faster than any of my other wireless sensors, X10 or z-wave, and definitely faster than motion through the Hue bridge. I am replacing one z-wave and a couple X10 motion sensors and temperature sensors with Hue sensors. In the other supported Zigbee devices, other than Hue, are there motion sensors? Are there remote control devices similar to the X10 palmpad?

One thing that I consider minor. I can't change the name of the motion sensors. The lights are not a problem. But when I change the sensor name using the JowiHue tab on the device, it changes for a few minutes and then reverts back. I suspect it may be something with deCONZ, because I have the same issue there. I can type the name into the text box on the Node Info pane, and there is a message about sending the change, but it doesn't work. It is not really a problem for me because the name is unique and I can use the HS location fields to identify the sensor. Although the deCONZ network map is really useful and I wish I could change the names there. All of my motion sensors are named "Temperature" on the map. If I click on them, I see the full name in the Node Info pane ("Temperature 1" for example) but that isn't ideal when looking at a network map.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

That is very good news

For renaming the motion sensors: did you upgrade the deCONZ sofware already, or are you still on 2.0.04.52? If you are, do the upgrade through the webapp. We are now on 2.0.04.67. In between there has been changed a lot, also for the motion sensors. Renaming is no issue here anymore, but I do remember I had issues also. Be aware, after you have done the upgrade, the webapp will show another upgrade for the firmware, you will need that also.

On the github site they are looking into the IKEA motion sensors and the remote. These are also supported. There is a challenge though as the current sold remotes and motion sensors need an firmware upgrade for 100% compatibility. The RaspBee can perform this firmware update for you(I think you can set this option in the advanced options of the WebApp - OTAU server). But it takes hours before it is done - even with IKEA's own hub.
                            After this firmware update of the remotes and bulbs they can also be connected to the Philips Hue bridges.

Next to the IKEA remote there is ofcourse the TAP and DimmerSwitch from Philips as remotes. Osram Has remotes and motion sensors also. But I do not see activitiy in that area yet on the github site for deCONZ. Maybe it works, but cannot confirm yet.

As for the OSRAM lights in the US that were not connecting to Philips Hue bridges anymore, they should work on the RaspBee now. It would be nice though if one of the users in the US could confirm this.

Thanks!

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

For thos that wonder how the deCONZ network map looks like, here is my sample during testing. It gives you insight on meshing of the bulbs and sensors on zigbee level. The colors of the lines give you an impression on the quality of signals and might give an indication why mayby a certain bulb is not functioning well.

Wim
                              Attached Files
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X