New Allonis Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Allonis Install

New to Allonis and have a few questions.

What is the difference between the Homeseer "Family Device Driver" and the BLML2HS "Server App"? Do both need to be connected in order for HS3 <--> Allonis communication? What are the differences between the two?

On the "Devices" page, what is the significance of checking a box in the column "BLHS" vs "mySvr"?

Thanks for the help!
    CJ

There is a native driver for Allonis that Dave wrote that uses the JSON calls in HS to communicate with it
    I forget the name of it - look on the Allonis forums
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thank you,

It appears as though the "Homeseer Family Device Driver" is the native driver which you reference. Can you help explain the difference between Dave's native driver and your BLML2HS?

Also, on the "Devices" page, what is the significance of checking a box in the column "BLHS" vs "mySvr"?

I'm a total newbie here.
      Thanks for the help!
      CJ

Comment

Dave's uses JSON calls in HS3 to get the data and associates the devices it finds in HS3 into the families in Allonis.

BLML2HS consists of a HS3 plugin (server) and the client runs on the Allonis server and communicates with the HS3 plugin. The plugin allows you to send device changes to the client on the Allonis server and it will create variables in Allonis for the device attributes in HS3. The BLHS checkbox tell the HS3 plugin to create variables in Allonis for the devices in HS3. The mySvr checkbox allows you to use the HomeSeer driver in Allonis (which Dave also wrote to act as another client for the BLML2HS plugin)

I would try the "Homeseer Family Device Driver" first and see how that works before jumping into the BLML2HS plugin
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Execute a MLServer command from HomeSeer

I am trying to execute this command from Homeseer 3 to Allonis.

hs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS", "", "MLServeCmd", {"MLTCPSend|SENDCR~TIVO2~SETCH 707"})

Is this possible?

Comment

If you are using the BLML2HS plugin it is. I use this command to trigger an event in myServer:

hs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS", "", "MLServeCmd", new Object(){"Masterbed.amp.input.pandora"})

And this one to send to a myServer app:

&nhs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS", "", "MLServeCmd", new Object(){"Macro|AV|2~Tune~0810!SetVariable|Living_Tivo_chann elname~NBC 10!SetVariable|Living_Tivo_channellogo~Images/0810.png"})

Comment

Working...
            X