Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repeated errors in log, loosing devices

keep getting these errors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just keep getting these and more:

Mar-01 7:35:00 PM Z-Wave Warning There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.

Mar-01 7:35:00 PM Z-Wave Error ERROR, Z-Wave Data object 0 failed to be updated or added to the database.

Mar-01 7:35:00 PM Z-Wave Error GetConnection error Access to the path 'F:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db-journal' is denied.

Mar-01 7:35:00 PM Z-Wave Warning There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.

Mar-01 7:35:00 PM Z-Wave Error ERROR, Z-Wave Data object 0 failed to be updated or added to the database.

Mar-01 7:35:00 PM Z-Wave Error GetConnection error Access to the path 'F:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db-journal' is denied.

I have tried removing the instance of the zwave plugin, reinstalling, deleted the file to rebuild the database, even reinstalled homeseer and restoring from backups, no joy. I need help from homeseer here...

Since you have a backup, have you tried deleting hs3 completely(uninstall and reinstall). Your z-wave database from backup may be corrupt. If you have several backups, go back a a week or two and try restore those.
    Maybe someone can chime in and tell you if its possible to fix database.
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

did try reinstalling homeseer but had not tried deleting the database. is the zwave data part of the main database? i ask because I did try to delete all the zwave dbase files and loaded again from the Ztroller but this too did not resolve the issue.

today I saw this error

Mar-03 2:50:12 PM Error Calling PlugConfigDevicePost in plugin Z-Wave->Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

the errors occur most if i try to optimize or scan devices. I also noticed some devices stop working and when I try to fix them by removing them from the interface, i have problems with the errors.

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
      Since you have a backup, have you tried deleting hs3 completely(uninstall and reinstall). Your z-wave database from backup may be corrupt. If you have several backups, go back a a week or two and try restore those.
      Maybe someone can chime in and tell you if its possible to fix database.

Comment

Working...
      X