X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netmonitor

Hi Nicolail

Are you still able to update this to work with Heatmiser Netmonitor?

Thanks

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robmayfield View Post
      Hi Nicolail

Are you still able to update this to work with Heatmiser Netmonitor?

Thanks

Rob
      Hi Rob

Yes, it is technically doable, but realistically I don't think I'll be able to find th time in the near future to get it done.

Regards
      Nicolai
      Nicolai L

Comment

Hi Nicolai

I have been reading the documentation for this to decide whether to try / buy and one thing appears to be missing for us UK folks - there is no ability to control the hot water on the thermostat that supports both heating and HW, correct?
        Would you be open to attempting to build this in? I went through some similar work with a developer for the Vera plugin and I believe that he found it relatively easy to implement a control in the API. I have attached a little snippet of the history of that discussion in case you can see whether this would be an easy change:

Developer:
        All I can suggest is that you experiment with the HW setting and see if you can see which byte (if any) changes in the Heatmiser reply to Vera (look in the log file). If you can say with certainty that a particular byte changes I can have a go at writing some code to monitor and set it.

Me:
        Just watched it again, and there does seem to be one bit that changes from 00 to 01. I highlighted it below:

29/09 19:17:17 <-- (-) 94 74 00 00 00 6B 00 6B 00 00 11 04 00 03 01 F4 FF 00 00 00 00 00 14 00 0B 12 1C 00 01 00 00 00 0E 09 1D 13 0C 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF D8 00 00 00 00 00 01 0E 09 1D 01 13 0C 20 06 00 14 09 00 0F 11 00 13 15 00 0F 08 00 14 0A 00 0F 12 00 13 15 1E

It may be sufficient if that is the one that turns the timer on and off, as my understanding is it reverts back to timer automatically when the next timed event happens.

Developer:
        I have some good news. There’s a section in the Heatmiser protocol document which somehow I’d missed, detailing the reply sent by the HW variant, and it’s different to that sent by the non-HW model! Luckily the differences are at the end, so it doesn’t affect most of the functionality of the plug-in. The byte you saw changing IS the HW status in your case.
        The problem now is that that byte means something different in the non-HW variants, so I’m going to have to put some code in my plug-in to determine the model of thermostat then interpret the replies (and build some commands) differently. I’ll have a think about this when I have some time.

He was then able to produce a version that worked with hot water enabled stats as well. This would be great if you could do something as right now there is no stat that has a plugin in homeseer supporting hot water control (even NEST).

Thanks

Colin

Comment

Hi Colin

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll add the to the list of things to look at (across all my plug-ins) in due course. However, as the Heatmiser Wi-Fi thermostat (and associated protocol) is now legacy from a Heatmiser perspective it wouldn't be at the top of my list.

Regards
          Nicolai
          Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
          X