Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    If it has only just started to disconnect recently, it can only be an RF path issue between the dongle and the phone.

Apart from physical relocation, all I can suggest is that you increase your AwayTrigger time.
    I will.

on a note that may add some light on this... i also couldn't get my Garmin to connect via Bluetooth last night. upon some research, looks like Microsoft might have done something (bug filed) to the BT drivers in the latest "creator's update" build ... they are apparently working on it. come to think of it, when i upgraded is about the time this stopped working correctly.

Comment

wifi only detection?

@jon00 would it be possible to use this script for wifi detection only (for a device that has wifi but no bluetooth)? Thanks.

Comment

It should work providing the client can detect a compatible Bluetooth dongle (even though BT is not being used). It needs this to work correctly.

Alternatively there are several network plugins that could be used.
        Jon

Comment

Thanks. It can't even detect the Bluetooth so I'll have to use another approach.

Comment

Hi,i have been using this plugin somewhat reliably for a while. sometime after me and my wife got new phones and a new ubiquiti unifi AP wifi detection keeps dropping. Jon00, how is wifi detection done in your plugin? I thought it was via arp, however when my phone isnt detected on wifi by the plugin, it still shows up with the mac and ip address in the arp table so something doesnt add up. It is interesting that when i wake my phone it shows up again even though i have keep wifi on while sleeping, turned off network switching, no change.

Comment

I read through your plugin doc and it appears that arp is only used to match ip to mac if you have the mac field filled out under client. It looks like wifi just pings device. unfortunately when my device goes to sleep, its still in the arp table but not pingable.

Comment

Strange Jon00 Bluetooth errors

Over the last 3 days I have gotten over 600 of these errors.
                Oct-18 15:34:26 Warning VB.Net script exception(0), re-starting: Object variable or With block variable not set. Script.NET_14-Oct-2017 23:51:55.58348294_Jon00Blue.vben

Any idea what might be causing it?

Comment

I have no idea. This has been very reliable for years. Have you recently updated HS3 by chance?
                  Jon

Comment

Here is my configuration. I updated to .357 on Oct 15, 17. I added the BlueIris plugin at that same time. No other changes.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.357
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
                    System Uptime: 5 Days 7 Hours 26 Minutes 8 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.3.87
                    Number of Devices: 614
                    Number of Events: 272
                    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.22.0: BL1Wire
                    2.0.58.0: BLDSC
                    2.0.32.0: BLNetCallerId
                    2.0.127.0: BLRadar
                    3.1.1.19842: Blue-Iris
                    2.0.22.0: BLUPS
                    2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT
                    1.0.0.2: DD-WRT
                    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                    1.0.0.5: Restart
                    3.0.6440.19101: UltraMon3
                    3.0.6377.20892: UltraWeatherWU3
                    3.0.0.36: X10
                    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Comment

Did you update the Homeseer dll files on the Bluetooth clients?
                      Jon

Comment

I found where I grab the wrong file when copying between directories on my HS machine. That machine was still using an older version of the HSCF.dll file. Wonder why it took a month for those errors to show up..

I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Wanting To Do Reliable Proximity / Occupancy Detection

Hi jon00! I was hoping you could help me. I have looked over your Bluetooth "Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector (Homeseer 3)" and wanted to get this going.

I am looking to get reliable detection that someone is home based on their iPhone (iOS 11) proximity. With out concern for price, what is the best Bluetooth dongle to get? Your documentation talks about an AirCable XR3 (which is now a XR5 on the AirCable website). What is the best most reliable Bluetooth adapter I should buy for my Windows 7 PC that works with your code and that will give me coverage of my 2,000 sq foot home?

Thanks for the help!
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Very difficult to advise. This is an old plugin and many people have moved to Geofencing for location detection. As Bluetooth is RF based, it is difficult to predict how it works within a property due to walls etc. The AirCable is a very good product but I have no idea if V5 works with the Plugin Bluetooth Drivers unfortunately.
                            Jon

Comment

Jon00, if Geofencing is the new preferred norm to establish location, but what mechanism is HomeSeer updated on Geofence for iOS and Android? Can you point me in the right direction?
                              Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Take a look here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1488
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X