Importing codes directly into HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing codes directly into HomeSeer

I am using the usb-uirt successfully with HomeSeer two. I can teach it commands one by one. 1) is there a way to import the entire code set directly. 2) is there a way to determine what commands are in each code set? I have heard that sometimes there are commands available say to perform on and off separately as well as a toggle. I would like to discover these.. 3) what is the best location to get the command set. I realize my question bridge several topics. I am just getting started and any tips are appreciated
    thank you in advance Kevin.

Hmm, been a year and no replies. I'm in the same boat. Adding them one by one looks pretty tedious. I don't have an iphone, but were I to borrow one HS pick up the codes you have set for the device, or do you still have to manually add them one by one to HS? Made worse as I have no idea which set of UEI codes to use with my equipment and trial and error is rather painful.

Comment

Ok you are not alone. What's the point of a database if I still have to add signals one at a time. I'm thinking it will be faster, if not less tedious using the learn IR method.

Is this really how it's suppose to work???

Comment

I'll answer my own question....

According to HS tech support, this is how it works...one can not import the entire database for a given device...it's designed such that you enter one and only one command at a time :-((((

Comment

Really? That wouldn't be so bad if the database was half decent. I was expecting a setup like a harmony remote. Enter your full model number and it lists all the relevant codes for your device. With these stupid uei code groups there isn't a way without manually trying each command to find out which one applies to your devices. On top of that they're saying you can't even set it up using the app and import the full set of codes. It will take weeks to add all the codes for 3TVs, Xboxes, 2amps. This is supposed to be making life easier!

Comment

Are you guys using the Square Connect WIFI device or USB-UIRT? The OP posted in the wrong forum.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

SQ blaster plus

Comment

SQ Blaster Plus, WiFi connect

Comment

It would be much faster to enter individual commands if the "Brand, Device, Model, Signal" information were not "cleared" each time the user clicks on "add IR signal" It forces the user to reenter the information each time (which for the Brand is a very long drop down)

Comment

Working...
                  X