This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT Plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to interface HomeSeer with IFTTT ("If This Then That")

Please report any bug.

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /updates3/zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the IFTTT line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.1.3
    - Do not overwrite existing dropbox files. This was preventing IFTTT applets to run in some cases.

Changes to v3.0.1.2
    - Updated Dropbox library to version 4.3.0

Changes to v3.0.1.1
    - Fixed problem with additional trailing slash or missing starting flash for IFTTT action folder

Changes to v3.0.1.0
    WARNING: The Dropbox integration has changed, with this version you need to reauthorize your account
    - Upgraded to Dropbox API v2
    - Added the "RunIFTTTAction" scripting function

Changes to v3.0.0.11:
    - Log the "Invalid JSON string" error at the Debug level as it is harmless and appears frequently.

Changes to v3.0.0.10:
    - IFTTT triggers now respect event conditions

Changes to v3.0.0.9:
    - Added timeout for longpoll http request so that the plugin doesn't get stuck when connection drops

Changes to v3.0.0.6:
    - Fixed authorization process

Changes to v3.0.0.5:
    - Added possibility to specify a file name for IFTTT actions

Changes to v3.0.0.4:
    - Various fixes

Changes to v3.0.0.3:
    - Better handling of network errors

Changes to v3.0.0.2:
    - Implemented long polling to replace standard polling mechanism

Changes to v3.0.0.1:
    - Fixed issue with https request on Linux
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; September 21, 2017, 09:12 AM.

I like that you produce some of the most forward looking plugins. This plugin strikes me as a dropbox plugin, rather than an IFTTT plugin though. Am I missing some special IFTTT sauce in the description? Or do you plan on getting a homeseer channel added to IFTTT?

Either way I like it. When IFTTT was proposed a while back as a viable target for plugin dev it looked like it was going to become the main cloud Internet of things (IOT) service because they just added WeMo and Hue. Since then it really hasn't progressed much as an IOT service, and really looks a lot more like a way of connecting social to storage to reading--which is still cool, but less cool than a few magnitudes than a true IOT service.

There is a rapidly maturing IOT app though, and it is not cloud based. I think it makes a really good target for HS plugin dev--and they have released an API for connecting to the app.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

It looks from what I have seen that the IFTTT plugin is a dropbox plugin in that it needs a cloud service (IFTTT) as an intermediate.

This is why dropbox is used as it provides the medium for the IFTTT service to act on / against to handle actions or triggers.

I am not sure if a homeseer IFTTT channel is proposed, but I doubt that it is really needed due to the clever use of dropbox!
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

travisdh is right, this plugin rely heavily on dropbox to communicate with IFTTT but it isn 't a dropbox plugin, its main goal is to allow HS to trigger IFTTT recipes, and to allow HS events to be triggered by IFTTT recipes.

I don't plan to apply for a IFTTT channel as it would require a HS cloud service somewhere and it wouldn't provide much more features than what you can do right now with this current plugin.

I'm going to add more advanced examples of what you can do in the User Guide thread.
        Last edited by spud; February 16, 2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          travisdh is right, this plugin rely heavily on dropbox to communicate with IFTTT but it isn 't a dropbox plugin, its main goal is to allow HS to trigger IFTTT recipes, and to allow HS events to be triggered by IFTTT recipes.

I don't plan to apply for a IFTTT channel as it would require a HS cloud service somewhere and it wouldn't provide much more features than what you can do right now with this current plugin.

I'm going to add more advanced examples of what you do in the User Guide thread.
          I do agree that the use of dropbox is clever. Looking forward to more examples--I like your first example.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Ok Spud

I am trying to setup your plug in but I am not seeing the screen that you describe in the setup guide and when I click on the link on the first page it does not give the the Authorize screen as well is this normal

See attached screen shots

Cheers Ken
            Attached Files
            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
              Ok Spud

I am trying to setup your plug in but I am not seeing the screen that you describe in the setup guide and when I click on the link on the first page it does not give the the Authorize screen as well is this normal

See attached screen shots

Cheers Ken
              ok, let's restart from scratch.
              - stop the plugin
              - delete IFTTT.ini from your config folder
              - in your dropbox account, click on your nickname in the top right corner, then click settings, go to the security tab, and in the Apps Linked section at the bottom check if you see HSPI_IFTTT, if you have it delete it
              - restart the plugin
              - make sure you don't have any popup blocker active, then go to the config page and click on "Dropbox Authorize" button.

You should see the Dropbox authorization page somewhere.

Comment

also, I think you need to be logged in to your Dropbox account before clicking on the "Dropbox Authorize" button, otherwise the session can expire before you get to the authorization screen.

Comment

Thanks Spud,

That did it I just tested a bsic event and was able to post to dropdox its up and running now

Cheers Ken
                  HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I tried to install, unfortunately it crashes as soon as I try to config much like the UPB plugin did. It is only your plugins that crash on my system (which is windows server 2012). Perhaps you could make the same changes to this one that you made to the UPB plugin? I really want to test--looks like a neat plugin.

Comment

Hi, what is the main purpose of this plugin? Any examples?
                      Hector
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                        Hi, what is the main purpose of this plugin? Any examples?
                        the main purpose of this plugin is to allow HS to trigger IFTTT recipes, and to allow HS events to be triggered by IFTTT recipes.

take a look at the IFTTT website there is a lot of examples of what you can do with it https://ifttt.com
                        the plugin adds the possibility to use that with HS.

also, take a look at the user guide, I have created some examples: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166058

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                          I tried to install, unfortunately it crashes as soon as I try to config much like the UPB plugin did. It is only your plugins that crash on my system (which is windows server 2012). Perhaps you could make the same changes to this one that you made to the UPB plugin? I really want to test--looks like a neat plugin.
                          Jason, did you see my email about this problem?

Comment

Wow.... This opens up the world of automation!!!! Does anybody know if IFTTT has an android app?
                            Hector
                            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                              Wow.... This opens up the world of automation!!!! Does anybody know if IFTTT has an android app?
                              yeah that's pretty cool
                              I don't think there is an android app yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X