Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Camera Plug-ins > Camera Discussion

Old November 7th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Seer Deluxe
Replace Lorex L22WD1600

I have a Lorex L22WD1600. 3 of the cameras have now died. I limped alonge moving cameras to hit key spots but now that is just not feasible anymore.

I looked at just replacement cameras but new ones can cost more than a new system. I looked at Swan, Lorex and Samsung.

Last night I spent a good 3 hours looking at Blue Iris, as I would like to incorporate into my HS3.

So... for all you gurus out there. I have the old coax cable with a side power line running from my secure room to the camera locations. They use BNC connectors at the system side along with transformers for 12v power (always hated the gobs of plugs... 1 for each camera).

What would I need in order to continue to use the current cable I have? Running new cable is not feasible now since I ran it when I built the house.

I did look at PoE converters to coax to use IP cameras, but the best I could find was $300 US for a pair and even if I only did 4 of the cameras, well.... and then buy the IP camera on top of it.

Not too keen on wireless with all the IoT security stuff going on (although my wireless is secure).

SO I am looking for suggestions.

HS3Pro on Win2012R2
Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave