Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lgtv2mqtt for webos

Hi,

Is there anyone here with experience with lgtv2mqtt ?

https://www.npmjs.com/package/lgtv2mqtt

I am trying to map the tv sound control ''lgtv/set/volume'' to a virtual device, but i do not know how to do it ( i tried to map every level of sound to every level of the vitual device, it worked, but i had to create 100 events.. just for this....).

edit :

My vitual device is like this :

- The off buttons is mapped to the mute ( i am using easytrigger for this) command of the tv ( lgtv/status/mute ''1)
    -The on buttons is mapped to the unmute command of the tv: lgtv/set/mute ''0'')
    -The off and on command of the virtual device control the tv mute and unmute with lgtv/set/mute ''1'' AND ''0''

-the level of the tv VOLUME (0-100) is mapped to the virtual device timmer ( i used the lgtv/status/volume linked to the vitual device)

**- now i need to find a way o control the tv volume with the vitual device... without creating 100 events for this.. lol

I also need the vitual device to not got to 100% when i set the virtual device to on ( on because i set if to off (mute) before)

so yes i am creating one device with both the mute and volume fonction of the tv. It is more practical when using alexa. Like that, i can say ''alexa turn on/off tv volume'' or '' alexa set tv volume to 45''
    Last edited by ; September 23, 2017, 06:37 PM.

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
    Hi,

Is there anyone here with experience with lgtv2mqtt ?

https://www.npmjs.com/package/lgtv2mqtt

I am trying to map the tv sound control ''lgtv/set/volume'' to a virtual device, but i do not know how to do it ( i tried to map every level of sound to every level of the vitual device, it worked, but i had to create 100 events.. just for this....).

edit :

My vitual device is like this :

- The off buttons is mapped to the mute ( i am using easytrigger for this) command of the tv ( lgtv/status/mute ''1)
    -The on buttons is mapped to the unmute command of the tv: lgtv/set/mute ''0'')
    -The off and on command of the virtual device control the tv mute and unmute with lgtv/set/mute ''1'' AND ''0''

-the level of the tv VOLUME (0-100) is mapped to the virtual device timmer ( i used the lgtv/status/volume linked to the vitual device)

**- now i need to find a way o control the tv volume with the vitual device... without creating 100 events for this.. lol

I also need the vitual device to not got to 100% when i set the virtual device to on ( on because i set if to off (mute) before)

so yes i am creating one device with both the mute and volume fonction of the tv. It is more practical when using alexa. Like that, i can say ''alexa turn on/off tv volume'' or '' alexa set tv volume to 45''

edit:
    Here are my steps: (hopefully they will help others)

download mqtt plugin. (primaire interfaces)
    download mosquito if needed (if you dont have a mqtt broker allready),
    download the needed .dll and Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_2n (the most recent version gives error in the end of the installation of mosquito.
    the mosquito needs some vc_redist package, google which one if you get an error

Make sure mosquito service is running (after installation you have to start it)
    Start the homeseer mqtt plugin and point this to your mqtt broker ip

instal node.js if needed and reboot windows

in command prompt:
    npm install -g lgtv2mqtt

Set you tv to the lg connected apps page:

Start script, in command prompt:
    lgtv2mqtt -v "error"

Confirm message on your TV
    Last edited by The-Source; December 31, 2017, 10:08 AM. Reason: Found solution

Comment

Working...
    X