RFXtrx433e gone from Homeseer store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXtrx433e gone from Homeseer store?

Finally decided to order an RFXtrx433e but it has disappeared from the Homeseer store.
    Can't find any other US source.
    Anyone know if Homeseer has stopped carrying this product altogether?

Not sure why it isn't on there again, but its all over Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RFXCOM-RFXtr...cAAOSw9N1VpqNc

Comment

Thanks for the reply.. I had found the Ebay sellers but they're all outside the US. Guess that may be my only option now.
      I was just curious as the entire Homeseer store page for it is gone, not just an 'out of stock' notation.
      I would think a popular item as this would have more US sellers.

Comment

Yea I can't answer for HS stock, but to ease your concerns about ebay, I did order from this seller about 2 years ago and received it in about a week.

Comment

That particular version is "not' compatible with most US systems, therefore no US suppliers.
          But it IS the one we need for Homeseer.

I got one from Canada about a year ago.

Comment

Thanks guys..

Comment

I got one from outside the US and it appears to work as well.
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I've been wanting to purchase one of these but not sure which one to purchase.
                Here also utilize W800's (old ones that are serially connected).

Here I think I set one of these up in Linux for a Homeseer user. I never physically looked at it and wondering if this is the same one as posted on Ebay. Most difficult piece was statically assigning the USB ports and wondering how this works with one USB cable?

:/dev# ls ttyUSB-*
                ttyUSB-RFXrec433-A ttyUSB-RFXtrx433-A

Note that only way I could assign a static ttyUSB name was to use the names above. Regular names ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 worked fine.

[ATTACH]63814[/ATTACH]
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The link on RFXcom.com product page links back to the HS shop.
                  My guess is that they are out of stock.

Where has the notion that there is a special US version come from? They are all the same, which is perfect as it works world wide without being region specific.

I brought one from ebay and had it in a fortnight, configured easily and had my Somfy's going painlessly, probably the best add on I have purchased.

Comment

OK now I see that I will be keeping the W800 for just the old X10 stuff (310Mhz) and using the RFXCom 433Mhz Transceiver for everything else.

Here shifting over to using the Meteostick for my Davis weather and other weather stuff.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I just took delivery of the RFXtrx433 from rfxcom.com. It will not work us X10 but will see quite a few other devices.

One of them that it picks up is the doorbell being pressed which oddly enough is not a z-wave frequency but rather 433.

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...-gen5-doorbell which now I need to figure out how to write an event to react to the doorbell being pressed.

I'm eager to see what other non-z-wave devices this thing can find.

Comment

Working...
                      X