1999 Microsoft prediction of the future smart home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Microsoft prediction of the future smart home

Seems like we have all of this stuff today. Most of it is pretty commonplace for the folks here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V_0xDUg0h0
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

I think that the only things in this video which we don't have today are the retina scanner and the garbage can that automatically senses it's contents and adds items to a grocery list, but someone on a different forum told me that Best Buy is selling retina scanners with their HA stuff. Is this true? Are there readily available retina scanners?

Comment

Are we there

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      I think that the only things in this video which we don't have today are the retina scanner and the garbage can that automatically senses it's contents and adds items to a grocery list, but someone on a different forum told me that Best Buy is selling retina scanners with their HA stuff. Is this true? Are there readily available retina scanners?
      Yes retina and finger print scanners are available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Heinrich View Post
        Hope the retina scanners work better than the finger print scanners used on laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Heinrich View Post

Link?

Is there a way to tie this in to HS?

Comment

Working...
          X