Syncing virtual device status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncing virtual device status

Hey all.... been browsing this forum, and can't seem to find what i'm looking for, although i'm sure it's in here.

Basically, i have a lighting event that i can turn/off 3 ways:
    Schedule driven (e.g. lights all come on at 9am)
    Imperihome dashboard that uses the VD
    Amazon echo that uses the VD

I created two events... one that is the schedule/or the VD being manually turned on...
    And the event that when "manually triggered"... turns on the lights to where i want them.

the issue is when the schedule event goes off... the lights all come on, but the VD doesn't update to "on"... so my Imperihome dashboards are now out of sync.

I thought i could just put another "and then" turn the Virtual device on, but i think that puts me in a loop.

here is how i currently have it set up? What am i missing this fine Sunday Morning?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    Hey all.... been browsing this forum, and can't seem to find what i'm looking for, although i'm sure it's in here.

Basically, i have a lighting event that i can turn/off 3 ways:
    Schedule driven (e.g. lights all come on at 9am)
    Imperihome dashboard that uses the VD
    Amazon echo that uses the VD

I created two events... one that is the schedule/or the VD being manually turned on...
    And the event that when "manually triggered"... turns on the lights to where i want them.

the issue is when the schedule event goes off... the lights all come on, but the VD doesn't update to "on"... so my Imperihome dashboards are now out of sync.

I thought i could just put another "and then" turn the Virtual device on, but i think that puts me in a loop.

here is how i currently have it set up? What am i missing this fine Sunday Morning?
    There are a number of ways to do it. My approach would be slightly different.

You are controlling the Virtual Device with Imperihome or Echo. I would have the Events control the same Virtual Device.

I would change the lone action in the first event to turn the Virtual Device On and remove the third trigger "OR IF Light Environmental Ambient Lights Virtual Device changes and becomes On".

I would make the trigger in the second event to "IF Light Environmental Ambient Lights Virtual Device changes and becomes On" instead of manually triggered. Your "Off Scene" would simply turn the device off and your "Ambient Lights Virtual Device Off" Event would trigger by the device being turned off.

Using that logic, Imperihome, Echo and your timed event all act on the same Virtual Device. I find it much more reliable to have all actions that will have the same result to act on the same device.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      There are a number of ways to do it. My approach would be slightly different.

You are controlling the Virtual Device with Imperihome or Echo. I would have the Events control the same Virtual Device.

I would change the lone action in the first event to turn the Virtual Device On and remove the third trigger "OR IF Light Environmental Ambient Lights Virtual Device changes and becomes On".

I would make the trigger in the second event to "IF Light Environmental Ambient Lights Virtual Device changes and becomes On" instead of manually triggered. Your "Off Scene" would simply turn the device off and your "Ambient Lights Virtual Device Off" Event would trigger by the device being turned off.

Using that logic, Imperihome, Echo and your timed event all act on the same Virtual Device. I find it much more reliable to have all actions that will have the same result to act on the same device.
      Thanks Randy... makes total sense. I totally over thought this as usual :-)

Comment

Working...
      X