Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pabbott@cpak.com View Post
    Hi Dirk,

Thanks again for making this plugin...IT's so much easier to deal with than the scripts. I've upgraded to the current .49 version. Trying to get the speaker client and TTS Groups working. When I press the add link group I get the following error in the log. Any ideas?

1/9/2011 10:56:41 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Error in Page load with error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Thanks again,
    Philip
    Hi Philip, sorry for the slow response but I'm currently out of town and cannot simulate anything. A couple of questions though:

1. is this the first linkgroup you are creating? I'm trying to remember whether I tested it with zero linkgroups created and then adding them using the config pages rather then adding/deleting groups when I already had some.
    2. you can always send me a private email with your .ini file and I can have a look at it see if there is anything wrong with it.
    3. is this just an error or are you completely unable to create anything?

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

This is my first link group and it doesn't create anything.

Thanks,
      Philip

Comment

This is my first link group and it doesn't create anything.

Thanks,
        Philip
        Hi Philip,

I won't be able to do anything until next week as I'm out of town.
        If it can't wait that long, perhaps you can manually populate the first link group and see if that takes care of business. If not, then the problem must be found somewhere else in you .ini file. Here are the sections that you should add to your .ini file

In the HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.INI file add the following lines:

[LinkgroupNames]
        Names=Party
        [LinkgroupZoneSource]
        Party=Patio;1
        [LinkgroupZoneDestination]
        Party=Patio

Substitute the Zone name "Patio" with one of your zones

Let me know how that went

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Hi Philip,

I won't be able to do anything until next week as I'm out of town.
          If it can't wait that long, perhaps you can manually populate the first link group and see if that takes care of business. If not, then the problem must be found somewhere else in you .ini file. Here are the sections that you should add to your .ini file

In the HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.INI file add the following lines:

[LinkgroupNames]
          Names=Party
          [LinkgroupZoneSource]
          Party=Patio;1
          [LinkgroupZoneDestination]
          Party=Patio

Substitute the Zone name "Patio" with one of your zones

Let me know how that went

Dirk

Added it at the end of the file and it doesn't show up on the config web page and doesn't let me add still

What's your email and I'll send you my ini file..

Thanks,
          Philip
          pabbott@cpak.com

Comment

Philip,

I tried to create Linkgroups starting from none, couldn't detect any issue. After looking at your .ini files I think you have the some problem as upstatemike where the string in the .ini file became to long.

I sent you private a DLL that should take care of this and an official new beta will be posted soon. Could you confirm that it now works else we'll need to look at other potential issues before I release a new version

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Works

The linkgroups show up now on the config page with the new dll.

Thanks,
              Philip

Comment

Detect Line in

Will the plugin allow for scripting of when a line-in is detected. I'm trying to link an intercom system into the setup. So when I call a number it will auto-answer and send the audio to a line-in on one of my players. Then I'd like to link it into the rest of the players and speak through it.

Possible?

Thanks,
                Philip
                pabbott@cpak.com

Comment

Will the plugin allow for scripting of when a line-in is detected. I'm trying to link an intercom system into the setup. So when I call a number it will auto-answer and send the audio to a line-in on one of my players. Then I'd like to link it into the rest of the players and speak through it.

Possible?

Thanks,
                  Philip
                  pabbott@cpak.com
                  Hi Philip,

not sure I get the question correct but let me describe the limitations. Sonos will generate an event when the line-in get physically connected (I think they have some contact that get's opened/close when you insert a jack) but it does not generate an event when something is actually being received.

Is there a way to generate an event when you use the intercom so it would trigger a link/unlink event? Need to noodle this over, maybe other users have some ideas of how to generate an event.

You write "call a number" ... is there actually a device that rings and answers? If so, I'm sure there are some other plug-ins (and some HW like a modem) that could be used to generate the event.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Phone Intercom

Yes it is actually a VOIP phone that is set to autoanswer and output to a speaker jack that I was planning on plugging into the Sonos player. I could setup a VOIP to analog adapter in addition that would have the same extension/number and ring as well if their was another device that could detect that it was ringing and then I could set the zones based on that event.

Thanks,
                    Philip

Comment

Yes it is actually a VOIP phone that is set to autoanswer and output to a speaker jack that I was planning on plugging into the Sonos player. I could setup a VOIP to analog adapter in addition that would have the same extension/number and ring as well if their was another device that could detect that it was ringing and then I could set the zones based on that event.

Thanks,
                      Philip
                      Hi Philip,

you may want to check out the VoIP plug-ins (http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-C95.aspx) or better, post on one of the VoIP web-sites. There is a lot of stuff that can be done with SIP, including generating messages or SMS that could be directed to a HS plug-in. If you could run a SIP client on your HS PC, you wouldn't need a second piece of HW, you would only need the client and a plug-in. Check out the SIP Connector plugin (http://store.homeseer.com/store/SIP-...n-P281C95.aspx), this might be of interest.

Dirk

Comment

Toby, I received an email from Rich Helmke advising you to "Make sure he is using hsprotect to save changes after he enters the license"

Hope this helps

Dirk
                        Dcorsus,

Any update on how to stop HomeSeer asking for your licence password every time we re-start HomeSeer? Although we do not re-start HomeSeer very oftern it is very annoying if we forget to re-register on line when the plugin stops working 7 days later.

We always save the licence details to the C drive but it makes no difference!

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Comment

I'm going to have to forward this question to the HS team. Plug-ins don't really do anything wrt licenses, but it could be that my installer is doing something wrong. Did you google for any other postings on similar problem?

Dirk
                          Any update on this issue? We always save the changes to the C: drive with HS protect but still to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Lankester View Post
                            Any update on this issue? We always save the changes to the C: drive with HS protect but still to no avail.
                            Toby,

sorry to read that this problem hasn't been solved. This really is an HS thing so the only advice I can offer is, uninstall the plugin completely and re-install and see if that solve things. Maybe the license that was created by HS has an issue, perhaps ask them to regenerate a new key. Suggest you browse the HS forum on similar issues or post in the relevant forum your question.

Maybe other users reading this posting have this plug-in installed on a HomeTroller and perhaps have some words of advice.

The latest beta is available from the installer, maybe after uninstalling the plugin, start installing from there and see if that takes care of business

Sorry for not being very helpful here.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Well things just got worse!! After the lastest updater'ing the Sonos Controller went to trial mode again. But this time we could not register online, as each time we try we get an error message "Registration error! 43887 sonoscontroller_v2: License is not active. Contact technical support for assistance."

Can you help?

Many thanks
                              Toby

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Lankester View Post
                                Hi Dirk,

Well things just got worse!! After the lastest updater'ing the Sonos Controller went to trial mode again. But this time we could not register online, as each time we try we get an error message "Registration error! 43887 sonoscontroller_v2: License is not active. Contact technical support for assistance."

Can you help?

Many thanks
                                Toby
                                Hi Toby,

I'll put an email into HomeSeer but I suggest you do the same thing in parallel and raise it as a bug. The plug-in doesn't do anything except for answering yes/no during initialization that it requires a license, all else is HS stuff.
                                I did come across this posting (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...11&postcount=6), wonder whether there is a bug in HS, which HS version are you using?

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X