This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make HS Media player the default player

Is there a way to make the HS Media player the default media player?

When opening an mp3 stream coming in from my "jukebox" server, if I pick the HS media player as the target player it doesn't open the stream. If I pick the "normal" WMP, I lose the ability to control the stream from HS.

Any thoughts? Since the name of the stream is created on the fly, I cannot "pull" the stream from the server and must be able to accept the stream as a "push"

Thanks!

K

In a word, yes.

Go into My compter, select tools from the drop down menu, then select folder options, then select the tab "file types". This will produce a list of all the file extensions you computer knows about. find the file extension in the list ie: .WMP .MP3 and select change. Then change it to whatever it is you wish to open it with. You may have to brouse to it.

All files with that association will then default to that application. I have discribed how to do it in Windows XP Pro, home should be the same. In 98 it was a lot simpler, I do not know about 2000 or Miliniem.

Hope this helps, if not press F1 when on your desktop and you will find an even less helpfull help system!
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
    X