Just Started with HS3 need help with the RFXCOM plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Started with HS3 need help with the RFXCOM plugin

Hi All, I am now just starting to switch from HS2 to HS3 and for the life of me i cant get the RFXCOM plugin configured right or work right. i have read all the Docs and its really confusing. i have the W800RF32 receiver, Basically i just want to use it right now for my X10 motion sensors. just to receive the on and off that they send. The receiver is on com 4. can someone please walk me through on how to set up the receiver and the x10 motion sensors? i have been trying for days

Did you enable the device code for the device?
    Go to the RFXCOM General page and scroll down. You should see the device codes and the available options for each. Options include - full, disable, status only. My guess is that your particular motion sensor House code is disabled

Like you I moved from HS2 and had a bit of an issue with this.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Add the W800 on the RFXCOM - Receivers page and enable X10 and 32 bits receiver

Configure the X10 house codes on the RFXCOM - General config page for X10 Lighting motion sensors.
      Create a X10 device on the HS home page for each X10 lighting sensor using the same house and unit code.

Configure X10 security sensors on the RFXCOM - Security sensors config page.

Comment

Yes i did.

Yes i did all that, and i got an error like (at work right now) received 1 expected 2 or somthing like that. when i get home i will try it all again. first thing where do i go just to add the receiver seems like there were a few places that i thought it might go. i did see the page where i enabled the house codes. all my sensors are on house code M so i checked that house code. i set up a x10 device with status only with the correct house and unit code but it never changed. there are so many options and config pages it hard to find the correct pages to be updating. i dont think ill ever get this working. but ill keep trying

Comment

Comment

Yeah.. it was a bit of a learning curve and like you, my HS2 was rock solid.
            I'm doing more with HS3 ~alexa, Imperihome, Arduino et all... and find it rock solid as well.

Once you get used to HS3 you'll appreciate it even more especially when you do comparisons to HS2's event section for example.

Good luck! You won't be disappointed!

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I just received the RFXtrx433E USB HA, installed the windows drivers and the RFX mngr. On the HS3 end I installed the RFXCOM PI and I'm stuck.

When I start HS3 I get two errors for no com port interface configured for both transmit and receive.

However, when I go to the RFXCOM Receivers page, I can't select a COM port. It just says none. I can go to the config page and select TCP/IP however, I'm connected to USB. I assume I'm going to have the same issue with transmitter com interface.

I need help, please.

Comment

For the RFXtrx433E you must use the RFXtrx/RFXrec config page.
                The Receiver and Transmitter config pages are for the old RFXCOM.

See chapter 5.2 in the RFXCOM HS3 User Guide.pdf (is in the HS3 Docs directory)

Comment

Working...
                X