• Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery replacement RFXCOM sensors

Hi,
    today I began to replace the batteries of my Oregon Scientific THGR328N
    temperature/humitity.
    The batteries are completely empty.
    But the values don't update in HS anymore after replacement.
    Do I have to add the sensors as new ?
    I thought that it would be enough only to replace the batteries and nothing
    more.

What to do ?

Fischi

solved

OK,
    I' ve found a solution
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171880

Thanks,
    Fischi

Comment

ive always wondered about making a portable battery pack that I can reach in, plug in and then replace batteries... of course for units where they are not completely dead...
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

It is very easy to assign the new ID to a sensor.

Change the battery in one sensor.
        Open the battery sensor device (easy to find on the RFXCOM - Input device config page)
        Select the new ID on the RFXCOM tab and update the battery changed date.
        The ID of all other devices in the same hardware device (temp/hum/wind...) are automatically updated.

Comment

I second that... easier than the ACRF-2 plugin.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

ok so if its so easy... tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have batteries that have been in them for years and I want to start with fresh batteries.

replaced batteries
            do not show up in rfxcom input devices as new heard device.
            hit reset button
            still not seen.

so what are the exact steps?

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

answered it myself... hah.. works nice..

so
              1. replace batteries
              2. click reset button on device
              3. in hs open device
              4. on rfxcom tab click dropdown and choose other ID

wait a bit and viola starts updating...

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                It is very easy to assign the new ID to a sensor.

Change the battery in one sensor.
                Open the battery sensor device (easy to find on the RFXCOM - Input device config page)
                Select the new ID on the RFXCOM tab and update the battery changed date.
                The ID of all other devices in the same hardware device (temp/hum/wind...) are automatically updated.

I am using Ambient Weather F007TH / F007TP sensors.

Battery replacement for the sensors results in different HomeSeer3 Ref IDs each time the battery is replaced since the sensor's ID changes.

I am not seeing how to change the sensor ID as the manual shows, and if that would allow the HS3 Ref IDs to remain the same as before the battery is replaced.

3.1.2 Oregon sensor - battery change
                A battery change in an Oregon sensor will change the sensor ID. DO NOT DELETE THE SENSOR!
                The only thing you must do is to select the new sensor ID on the configuration page of the battery sensor.
                All associated sensor (temperature, humidity...) are now automatically update with the new ID.

Since the sensor changes its ID, this results in the new HS3 devices with new Ref IDs.
                I'm see a drop down in the device's Battery RFXCOM Input Device Config which I am not able to change.

Attached Files

Comment

The HS ref ID will not be changed if you change the Sensor ID

Comment

The HS ref ID will not be changed if you change the Sensor ID
                    Yes, can you post an image of where the sensor ID can be entered to match the existing sensor ID?
                    I cannot find a a location/field that allows me to change the new Sensor ID for the existing Sensor ID for these F007TH using the Oregon Protocol after the battery change.

For this battery change the ID I see changing is TH9[11780] to TH9[64772]
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DR Temperature - 2 Sensors IDs for Same Sensor - 2021-05-01_8-37.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	1472065
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	TH9[11780] Input Sensors -2021-05-01_8-50.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.1 KB ID:	1472094
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	TH9[64772] Input Sensors -2021-05-01_8-45.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1472096

I thought the field to change would be on RFXCOM Input Device, but it doesn't allow a change.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_101412.jpg Views:	8 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	1472068

Comment

Did you create a new sensor for the same FT007TH???
                      This should not be done. Delete the new sensor and assign the new Sensor ID to the old/existing sensor at the RFXCOM Input device (see your picture above).

Comment

Did you create a new sensor for the same FT007TH???
                        This should not be done. Delete the new sensor and assign the new Sensor ID to the old/existing sensor at the RFXCOM Input device (see your picture above).

OK,
                        I had to see it to understand. Only take note of the sensor ID, then goto RFXCOM Input Device and it then appears in the dropdown.

Thanks

Deleted both F007TH from HS3.

Name:	F007TH Battery Replacement Steps -1 2021-05-01.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1472136

Name:	F007TH Battery Replacement Steps -2 2021-05-01.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1472137

Comment

I used to hate having to change these batteries. It really is easy this way. Be sure to edit the battery change, Date.
                          Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                          | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                          Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                          BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
                          X