Nvidia Shield control very jumpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia Shield control very jumpy

I have just bought a Harmony hub to control my Nvidia Shield. Thats working fine. I now installed the Harmony PI, linked it to my Harmony hub. Its discovered the devices, and I have imported them into HS3. So far so good. I can remote control a colour changing lamp I have with no issues. But the shield is causing problems. When I select the shield device, use the drop down menu to select curer down, it jumps down 3 times instead of 1. The same when I select up, it jumps up 3 times (as if I press the button 3 times). The select button does not do anything. I tried it all from the Harmony app on my phone, and that works without issues.
    The harmony hub is brand new, and when I installed it I think updated the firmware (not sure yet where to find the version...)

my hub version is 4.14.123
    Last edited by mikee123; December 22, 2017, 12:56 PM.

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I have just bought a Harmony hub to control my Nvidia Shield. Thats working fine. I now installed the Harmony PI, linked it to my Harmony hub. Its discovered the devices, and I have imported them into HS3. So far so good. I can remote control a colour changing lamp I have with no issues. But the shield is causing problems. When I select the shield device, use the drop down menu to select curer down, it jumps down 3 times instead of 1. The same when I select up, it jumps up 3 times (as if I press the button 3 times). The select button does not do anything. I tried it all from the Harmony app on my phone, and that works without issues.
    The harmony hub is brand new, and when I installed it I think updated the firmware (not sure yet where to find the version...)

my hub version is 4.14.123
    Hi,

The plugin should sent exactly the same command as it's only telling the hub which command to send via IR, could you sent me some more detailed logging with debug enabled during execution of the event
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I have sent a log to you via pm

If it makes any difference I have the 16Gb Shield 2017
      Last edited by mikee123; December 23, 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I just tried other commands, like fast forward and rewind. They also repeat multiple times on one command being sent via the PI.

I have just tested controlling my Roku 3 via Harmony (controlled via IP), and that works fine. No repeat commands there. So seems to be just the shield
        Last edited by mikee123; December 26, 2017, 06:16 AM.

Comment

In the meantime, I have unpaired and paired my hub again, deleted the shield from the hub, added it again. It did not make any difference, the problem is still there. I also looked to see if I can adjust repeat command settings in the hub, but there is no option to do that for the shield, I guess as its bluetooth not IR you dont get that option.

Comment

i have the same problem with a another device.
            i installed the device windows computer keyboard (Bluetooth connection)
            when i use the keyboard on my mobile with the harmony app no problem
            but when i use the plugin its repeating one key press until i disconnect the bluetooth connection.

Comment

I only bought the harmony hub to remote control my shield via HS3. Once that issue has been resolved I'll immediately buy the PI. Controlling my lamp is only an added bonus. All my other devices I control in different ways even though they could be controlled via Harmony.
              For me its very important to get this to work. I would be happy to test, log etc, whatever is needed to resove this issue.

Comment

I looked into this, but as far as I can read, the Nvidea shield uses bluetooth to be remote controlled.
                The plugin only supports IR bases device commands.

I'm afraid this will not work for now..
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                X