how to use the 'last' control on lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to use the 'last' control on lighting

I am trying to have this scenario play out...

when we come home at night, ramp up the outside lights to 100%.

after 10 minutes ramp them back down to where they where before, which is typically dimmed to some amount, but sometimes they are off.

I use the aeotec micro dimmers, and my programming is:

Set Device 'light' to ON (this works fine)

then Wait 10 Minutes (this works fine)

Then Set Device 'light' to Last. (does nothing)

I am assuming Last will go to the level just before the last change. So if they were 'off' then changed to 50%, and then you send the last command it should go to 'off', correct?

Am I wrong in understanding how this works?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by victorb17 View Post
    I am trying to have this scenario play out...

when we come home at night, ramp up the outside lights to 100%.

after 10 minutes ramp them back down to where they where before, which is typically dimmed to some amount, but sometimes they are off.

I use the aeotec micro dimmers, and my programming is:

Set Device 'light' to ON (this works fine)

then Wait 10 Minutes (this works fine)

Then Set Device 'light' to Last. (does nothing)

I am assuming Last will go to the level just before the last change. So if they were 'off' then changed to 50%, and then you send the last command it should go to 'off', correct?

Am I wrong in understanding how this works?

Thanks!
    "Last" is the last level they were set to before being turned off. It will only return to that level from "off". If you turn them On, then Last will become "On". If you set them to Dim 60%, then Last will become "Dim 60%". Last does not remember the last value the light was at unless the light is turned Off.

Since your event sets all three lights to "On", "Last" for all three will become "On"

If you want to store a value to return to before adjusting the level, you will need to save the value to a Virtual Device with a script or Easy Trigger action or to a Global Variable with a script.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      "Last" is the last level they were set to before being turned off. It will only return to that level from "off". If you turn them On, then Last will become "On". If you set them to Dim 60%, then Last will become "Dim 60%". Last does not remember the last value the light was at unless the light is turned Off.

If you want to store a value to return to before adjusting the level, you will need to save the value to a Virtual Device with a script or Easy Trigger action or to a Global Variable with a script.
      awesome thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X