Save/Restore State.xml and Movies.asp causing MAJOR problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save/Restore State.xml and Movies.asp causing MAJOR problems

The movies being downloaded this week have a French (?) movie "amelie from montmartre (le fabuleux destin d'am鬩e poulain)" The movie has a control character in the title as you can see. This is causing the device_state.xml file to become corrupted. When restarting HS all, and I mean all, my devices have a status of unknown. Some of my devices only update weekly so this is causing major pains. In addition the control character is causing UltraView to fail as well. Both of these applications need to be more forgiving or I would be better off using plain ol' text files to store the states of my devices.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp, Could you email your movies segment of your .ini file. It is not showing in my neighborhood.

Comment

Rupp, I came across this a while back: see here

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
      It is the é from

Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amélie Poulain

Quick fix:
      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

XML has alot of illegal characters, it may be necessary to add some error checking or conversion to the XML scripts.

The problem really lies with the scripts that pull down information from the web and adds it to the .hdv files (e.g. the Movies and TV scripts). It is very easy to corrupt the .hdv.

The weather script (weather2.txt) also has the illegal character [b] ° [/b} stuck in it.

(quick fix) [This message was edited by DSteiNeuro on Wednesday, 13 February 2002 at 01:57 AM.]
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

What exactly does Ultra's Save/Restore function do? Is this a good systems maintenance item that should be done periodically? Does it work on both pre/post INI versions of HS? Ultra's instructions say I'm supposed to edit the script, but I don't see where and for what purpose I would edit either file anywhere. Do I set up an event to be recurring triggered to maintain a periodic safe backup....or is this just something that you manually execute, at some to-be-defined purpose? Is it okay to execute this save and restore while HS is up and running, or is there some other way this is supposed to get executed?

This looks like something that is good to run for problem preventive purposes......but also has the potential to make a vegetable out of my system if I don't do it correctly.

Win2000 Pro SP2, IE6, 1333Mhz256KRAM, PN576V, MR26a-B10, HS-B42, HSP-B17, VR/TTS-SAPI5ATT

Comment

Working...
        X