This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
    I want HomeSeer to be able to get Light intensity data. I think a combination of the ADIO-100 and some kind of Photodetector. I want to place these both inside and outside of my home.

I would like this to yield a HomeSeer device that will have a value from say 0 to 100 based on light level.

What kind of setup might I need to accomplish this? I would run CAT5e cable from the ADIO-100 to the Photodetector, will this work for 100ft of CAT5e cable?

Thanks for the help.

Jean-Marie Vaneskahian
    Hi Jean,

You could do this with an arduino and my script if you would like to try it give me a shout. INFO

This would be a cheap solution to.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks so much Greig! It sounds like this is the way I will go I guess since I have no received any kind of response from HomeSeer. I have seen many light sensors online for the Arduino.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
      jean@vaneskahian.com
      ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

I want HomeSeer to be able to get Light intensity data. I think a combination of the ADIO-100 and some kind of Photodetector. I want to place these both inside and outside of my home.

I would like this to yield a HomeSeer device that will have a value from say 0 to 100 based on light level.

What kind of setup might I need to accomplish this? I would run CAT5e cable from the ADIO-100 to the Photodetector, will this work for 100ft of CAT5e cable?
        I do something similar with a power supply, a voltage divider circuit and a photo resistor. It's a matter of choosing the resistors to balance the voltage to the range of resistance from the photo resistor so it provides the proper voltage output change with varying light input.

It's easier with pots, but cheaper with simple resistors and pencil and paper to calculate the resistances needed.

PS. The output of mine is not very linear either.
        Last edited by Uncle Michael; January 28, 2013, 06:54 PM.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks so much Greig! It sounds like this is the way I will go I guess since I have no received any kind of response from HomeSeer. I have seen many light sensors online for the Arduino.
          No problems. I am glad I can help someone.

Drop me an e-mail if you go down this route as I think there are beta testers out there that are using this setup now.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Hi, I noticed there was a new version of the plug-in in the updater.
            Any notes on what the update addresses? Not that there is anything wrong with the version I have...

Comment

I would also like to know what has changed or what has been fixed, I had a lot of problems with my ADIO-100 working properly (but I did finally get it working)

Even when it was working I always had intermittent log errors indicating a dropped connections to HS (but I was running over an IP - Serial bridge).

Not using it at the moment but maybe I'll mess with it again if something interesting has changed....

Comment

We discovered the ADIO-100 plug-in was creating devices with the same device codes as the DSC plug-in. This was corrected.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What is the DSC plug-in? It is escaping me at the moment.
                  Been in crosscompiling kernel world... blub blub cuck koo

Comment

The DSC plug-in is for a DSC Security system, you can google it - pretty nice stuff if you need to install a security system in your home (like ADT systems).

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Jean-Marie Vaneskahian
                      I'm doing this successfully with the ADIO 100. First I removed the internal pull up resistor as mentioned elswhere on this sub-section.
                      Then obtained a mini-ldr and set it up a voltage divider between ground and 5v.

5V----(100K)----LDR----ADIOINPUT----0V
                      Resistor is 100K, gives me a value between 0 for pitch black and 1000 for bright sunlight.

I have a virtual device called "my night time"

I poll the adio input once every ten minutes, if the value is less that 550 i declare night time and if its more than 600 i declare day time.
                      By only polling every ten minutes and having a spread of 50 between day and night, i effectively get a hysteresis to stop it toggling between night and day as the light levels gradually change.

I have one LDR outside and another one in my hallway, some lights are referenced to to the outside light level and some are referenced to the hall light level - which can be quite different depending on what doors and curtains are open.

Comment

Has anyone used the 'Pulse Cnt' on the ADIO-100? The input is not discussed in the documentation; I assume it exists and functions as a roll over counter on the simply on the basis of the name on the ADIO-100 hardware.

I have an existing counter application that can run at ~20-25Hz that I would like to consider using an ADIO-100 for. If the counter is practicable, the ADIO-100 would allow me to consolidate several little projects together. TIA

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
                          Has anyone used the 'Pulse Cnt' on the ADIO-100? The input is not discussed in the documentation; I assume it exists and functions as a roll over counter on the simply on the basis of the name on the ADIO-100 hardware.

I have an existing counter application that can run at ~20-25Hz that I would like to consider using an ADIO-100 for. If the counter is practicable, the ADIO-100 would allow me to consolidate several little projects together. TIA

Mark
                          Hi Mark,

Did you ever get an answer to this?

Thanks
                          Al
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hello,
                            Also I have problem with the connection the ADIO100 using the adapter ITACH IP2SL:

1) After connecting the interface analog / digital ADIO100 to ITACH IP2SL through serial cable, and connecting ITACH IP2SL to the LAN and I saw its IP with the application "ihelp" of Global cache;
                            2) With the application "Virtual serial port emulator" I created a virtual port serial COM8 and then linked to the IP address of ITACH IP2SL using port 4999
                            3) Then I downloaded the plug-in HomeSeer ADIO 100 and connected to the port COM8 by activating an analog connection
                            4) On the device management of Homeseer is possible to see the device with the value OFF
                            5)Before I connected the wire magnetic sensors with ADIO100 but when I open or close the contacts I don't see any change in HomeSeer.

Where is my mistake, can anyone help?
                            Thanks

Comment

I replied to your other posting here:.http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=1#post1134085.
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

After a long time I come back here. I must say that for the experience I had in using ADIO together with arduino board allows me to say today that the adio product is much more stable, at least for the use that I make it and that is to control the magnetic sensors of door and window accesses. So I would like to ask if there is any problem adding more ADIO and how many can be added without having problems (if someone had done it)? Thanks
                                Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Working...
                                X