New MyHomeSeer Remote Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Yes, but it also doesn't have the benefits (needs manual router config and won't support IFTTT channel once available, etc.)

Cheers
    Al
    What manual router configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by Leylander View Post
      The newer myHS service doesn't require any router config.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Leylander View Post
        You need to open a port in your router and setup port forward (so your router knows where your homeseer machine is). It's just a one time setup and you get to connect directly to your home machine from wherever you are (smartphone, office, abroad, etc).

On the other hand, MyHS starts and maintains a VPN tunnel from your HS3 machine to HomeSeer's server somewhere in a datacenter in US; So whenever you want to connect to your homeserver, you connect to HomeSeer's machine and it will connect your connection to the open pipe that it maintains to your home server.
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Now I am getting worried

Alexa or Amazon Echo arrives on Tuesday and the whole purpose of this vast expence is to communicate with HomeSeer.

However I cannot even get MYHomeSeer Remote to connect!

Not sure wher I am going wrong. Is there an idiots guide anywhere to connect it? Do I need premium?
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
          X