HS3 and way2call Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Yeah first time that you plug in the Way2Call box you should have HS3 off and it will load the drivers that were installed.

Try rebooting the computer with the W2C box plugged in. Also try keeping HS3 off on reboot.

It will take a few minutes to load the drivers. You can nudge it maybe by going to device manager - unknown device and upgrade drivers...

Here tested it on Windows 7 64 bit quickie box I made to test run HS3. It was a tad slow installing the drivers.

The drivers and test wizard are installed in the Windows system32 directory.
    Thanks Pete, I will give it another try tomorrow. Remember I am running XP
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Yes....on the Foxconn eh?
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yeah first time that you plug in the Way2Call box you should have HS3 off and it will load the drivers that were installed.

Try rebooting the computer with the W2C box plugged in. Also try keeping HS3 off on reboot.

It will take a few minutes to load the drivers. You can nudge it maybe by going to device manager - unknown device and upgrade drivers...

Here tested it on Windows 7 64 bit quickie box I made to test run HS3. It was a tad slow installing the drivers.

The drivers and test wizard are installed in the Windows system32 directory.
        This is getting weird. Wondered why xp was not detecting new hardware, so went into Control Panel/Modems, and their it was USB Modem, deleted it and re-installed the drivers, pluged in the modem, XP brings up the wizard, no was to install the drivers, it's looking for the info file.

Any thoughts.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

The W2C executible installs the Wizard exe file and rest of the drivers in the windows sytem32 directory. Tardis did the same stuff.

That is why it takes so long for the drivers to load as it is not a typical windows inf install of the drivers. So now update the control panel devices...it will find an unknown device; click on update drivers and have it get the drivers from the system32 directory.

BTW it is their USB modem that it sets up and you see this running the Wizard the first time (and only at this point).

The Wizard program is just a diagnostic program to check on the W2C box working.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The W2C executible installs the Wizard exe file and rest of the drivers in the windows sytem32 directory. Tardis did the same stuff.

That is why it takes so long for the drivers to load as it is not a typical windows inf install of the drivers. So now update the control panel devices...it will find an unknown device; click on update drivers and have it get the drivers from the system32 directory.

BTW it is their USB modem that it sets up and you see this running the Wizard the first time (and only at this point).

The Wizard program is just a diagnostic program to check on the W2C box working.
            OK now I am tearing my hair out, where in the System32 folder are the drivers, are they in a sub directory? xp cannot find them

Sorry for being so stupid
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
              OK now I am tearing my hair out, where in the System32 folder are the drivers, are they in a sub directory? xp cannot find them
              FWIW, I just checked my XP install and found about 11 of them just in the System32 folder, no subfolder. They all start with w2c....... I had just let the installer put them where it wanted, so I assume that System32 is the default location.
              Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
                FWIW, I just checked my XP install and found about 11 of them just in the System32 folder, no subfolder. They all start with w2c....... I had just let the installer put them where it wanted, so I assume that System32 is the default location.
                Yes they are there, but, how do you get xp to install them?
                sigpic

Comment

I put a picture of the system32 directory with W2C files over at the DIY help section.

Note in the picture above that the 64 bit drivers are installed. They are similarly named for a 32bit OS.

Right click on the unknown device in your devices list, tell it to update and pick your windows system32 directory for the drivers...the W2C device will see them just fine.

@Gordon, I want to know if I was missing anything in the help me quickie document that I wrote up over here ==> How to use Windows Homeseer 3, HSPhone and Way2Call

Please help by letting me know if I missed anything or didn't explain it right.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I put a picture of the system32 directory with W2C files over at the DIY help section.

Note in the picture above that the 64 bit drivers are installed. They are similarly named for a 32bit OS.

Right click on the unknown device in your devices list, tell it to update and pick your windows system32 directory for the drivers...the W2C device will see them just fine.

@Gordon, I want to know if I was missing anything in the help me quickie document that I wrote up over here ==> How to use Windows Homeseer 3, HSPhone and Way2Call

Please help by letting me know if I missed anything or didn't explain it right.
                    Nope, no work. Intersting if I install the drivers it wipes out port 19, which is the zwave thingy! Drivers are currently uninstalled and Way2Call unplugged.

If you wish to have a look the key is 886769432
                    sigpic

Comment

PM'd you..
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

ITguyHS, Pete;

Sorry about posting it here but not getting much help regarding speech recognition on the Forum. In a round about way, it does have to do with some things I would like to do with way2call. Here goes:

I connected a microphone to hometroller S6 PRO and just have the HOMETROLLEREFAULT speaker client enabled with speech recognition set to listening. When I say the wake up word (computer) there is no response from homeseer (yes sire). Hometroller uses Windows 7 and I went through the complete speech recognition training session. Everything went well with the microphone and speech recognition sessions. Any thoughts on what the problem is and how to resolve it are much appreciated. Also what command do you say to execute one of your events. Should you start by saying computer and name the event. Would it be something like.....computer..... den lamp on event? I read the homeseer documentation but kind of sketchy on speech recognition. Is there any training that needs to be done to recognize specific phrases inside homeseer? Tried creating an event to recognize a phrase but that didn't work either. I assume if it won't recognize the wake up word (computer) then it won't recognize anything? Does the microphone need to be turned on in windows control panel/speech recognition? I wouldn't think so as it is set to listen in the homeseer speaker client? Thanks much for the help !!!!! Rick

Comment

@Rick,

Last time I played with MS SAPI Speech recognition here was testing the Kinect plugin on a Windows 10 PipoX7 (Baytrail). That was a few years back.

The "plan" was to configure a few of these machines (or smaller) with Kinects. Purchased 4 MS Kinects for said purpose.

SAPI VR worked better with Windows 10 than any previous versions of Windows. Today tinkering with MS Cortana using insider versions of W10. Only W10 is not my personal desktop choice (now using Linux) and have configured Oracle VB's for Windows (XP, W7 and W10)for tinkering on my desktop.

That said recently purchased some Lenova tiny Haswell based desktops with W10. One of these will be utilized for my Wife's desktop and will test out SAPI, VR and TTS on it maybe.

I was able to configure MS SAPI to work just fine with VR. Years before that I had also purchased a wireless microphone which I used to train Homeseer 2.

Here I prefer to tinker with hardware and once I have it working whatever it is I move on to something else. That said I would search some old posts here relating to SAPI and TTS and VR.

Best advice I can give you at this point in time is to search here on the forum relating to utilizing SAPI for TTS and VR. There are a number of users doing this today and ask there.

BTW as mentioned above Microsoft 10 SAPI works great and now integration to Cortana is coming so you can have an Alexa like experience using Microsoft Cortana. Add the Kinect and you can do both gestures and VR with your Windows 10 computer. Here added a multitouch monitor for Kinect, MSAPI and a touch experience in a Homeseer touch client.

Note here been tinkering with VR and TTS since the 1980's.

In the 1990's and in the financial world started to switch from telephone recording stuff to VR and TTS for the banking industry using Microsoft at the time.

Today it is levels above what it was with Microsoft. That said the old Homeseer speaker client integration to Microsoft SAPI works the best it ever has worked with Microsoft Windows 10.
                          Last edited by Pete; January 24, 2018, 09:38 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                            Also what command do you say to execute one of your events. Should you start by saying computer and name the event. Would it be something like.....computer..... den lamp on event? I read the homeseer documentation but kind of sketchy on speech recognition. Is there any training that needs to be done to recognize specific phrases inside homeseer? Tried creating an event to recognize a phrase but that didn't work either. I assume if it won't recognize the wake up word (computer) then it won't recognize anything? Does the microphone need to be turned on in windows control panel/speech recognition? I wouldn't think so as it is set to listen in the homeseer speaker client?
                            I never had much luck with VR, but I do remember a few things. You are correct that if it won't recognize the wakeup phrase, then it won't work. Yes, the microphone needs to be turned on in windows, since HS uses the Windows speech support to do all the "heavy lifting".

From the HS documentation:
                            Running event actions

Any event can be run by name and no setup on the event is required. To run the event named "turn on all the lights", you can say:

"run the event turn on all the lights"

"in ten minutes run the event turn on all the lights"

"at nine oh clock pm run the event turn on all the lights"

If an event has a voice phrase set as a trigger, that can be used instead. For example, an event has a voice trigger set as "all lights off", you can say:

"all lights off"

"in ten minutes all lights off"

From my experience, a simple event name works better. I'd try creating an event named Rick One. Then use "run the event... rick one". But until you get it to respond to the wakeup phrase, nothing is gonna work.
                            Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Moved post to the Help section.

How to utilize MS SAPI and Homeseer Speaker
                              Last edited by Pete; January 24, 2018, 07:44 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks ITguyHS and Pete,

Thanks for all the great and detailed information !!!!!!! Yesterday afternoon I was able to get the speech recognition working. I rebooted the windows 7 hometroller computer and speech recognition started to work. Previously after training voice recognition I turned the windows voice recognition off thinking homeseer had its own speech recognition engine. Had no luck with this of course and thought I had turned the windows speech recognition engine back on but apparently hadn't done that. As a last resort I rebooted the system and windows voice recognition panel loaded and speech recognition in homeseer was working fine. I was able to create two events to recognize phrases to turn light on and off and both were successful. Thanks to the information you both gave me here I can investigate and implement more advanced concepts. Thank you both !!!! You guys are great !!!!! Homeseer should be paying both of you for technical support !!!!! Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X