www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old January 22nd, 2018, 03:05 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogs View Post
OK now I am tearing my hair out, where in the System32 folder are the drivers, are they in a sub directory? xp cannot find them
FWIW, I just checked my XP install and found about 11 of them just in the System32 folder, no subfolder. They all start with w2c....... I had just let the installer put them where it wanted, so I assume that System32 is the default location.

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.318, HS3Touch 3.0.0.68, Zwave 3.0.1.87, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.33, WeatherXML, Z-stick, CM15A 3.0.0.8, HS phone, Way2Call
Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:18 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITguyHS View Post
FWIW, I just checked my XP install and found about 11 of them just in the System32 folder, no subfolder. They all start with w2c....... I had just let the installer put them where it wanted, so I assume that System32 is the default location.
Yes they are there, but, how do you get xp to install them?

A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro
Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:51 PM
OverSeer

I put a picture of the system32 directory with W2C files over at the DIY help section.

Note in the picture above that the 64 bit drivers are installed. They are similarly named for a 32bit OS.

Right click on the unknown device in your devices list, tell it to update and pick your windows system32 directory for the drivers...the W2C device will see them just fine.

@Gordon, I want to know if I was missing anything in the help me quickie document that I wrote up over here ==> How to use Windows Homeseer 3, HSPhone and Way2Call

Please help by letting me know if I missed anything or didn't explain it right.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old January 23rd, 2018, 12:40 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I put a picture of the system32 directory with W2C files over at the DIY help section.

Note in the picture above that the 64 bit drivers are installed. They are similarly named for a 32bit OS.

Right click on the unknown device in your devices list, tell it to update and pick your windows system32 directory for the drivers...the W2C device will see them just fine.

@Gordon, I want to know if I was missing anything in the help me quickie document that I wrote up over here ==> How to use Windows Homeseer 3, HSPhone and Way2Call

Please help by letting me know if I missed anything or didn't explain it right.
Nope, no work. Intersting if I install the drivers it wipes out port 19, which is the zwave thingy! Drivers are currently uninstalled and Way2Call unplugged.

If you wish to have a look the key is 886769432
Old January 23rd, 2018, 12:52 PM
OverSeer

PM'd you..
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:51 PM
Seer Master

Wink

ITguyHS, Pete;

Sorry about posting it here but not getting much help regarding speech recognition on the Forum. In a round about way, it does have to do with some things I would like to do with way2call. Here goes:

I connected a microphone to hometroller S6 PRO and just have the HOMETROLLEREFAULT speaker client enabled with speech recognition set to listening. When I say the wake up word (computer) there is no response from homeseer (yes sire). Hometroller uses Windows 7 and I went through the complete speech recognition training session. Everything went well with the microphone and speech recognition sessions. Any thoughts on what the problem is and how to resolve it are much appreciated. Also what command do you say to execute one of your events. Should you start by saying computer and name the event. Would it be something like.....computer..... den lamp on event? I read the homeseer documentation but kind of sketchy on speech recognition. Is there any training that needs to be done to recognize specific phrases inside homeseer? Tried creating an event to recognize a phrase but that didn't work either. I assume if it won't recognize the wake up word (computer) then it won't recognize anything? Does the microphone need to be turned on in windows control panel/speech recognition? I wouldn't think so as it is set to listen in the homeseer speaker client? Thanks much for the help !!!!! Rick
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:15 AM
OverSeer

@Rick,

Last time I played with MS SAPI Speech recognition here was testing the Kinect plugin on a Windows 10 PipoX7 (Baytrail). That was a few years back.

The "plan" was to configure a few of these machines (or smaller) with Kinects. Purchased 4 MS Kinects for said purpose.

SAPI VR worked better with Windows 10 than any previous versions of Windows. Today tinkering with MS Cortana using insider versions of W10. Only W10 is not my personal desktop choice (now using Linux) and have configured Oracle VB's for Windows (XP, W7 and W10)for tinkering on my desktop.

That said recently purchased some Lenova tiny Haswell based desktops with W10. One of these will be utilized for my Wife's desktop and will test out SAPI, VR and TTS on it maybe.

I was able to configure MS SAPI to work just fine with VR. Years before that I had also purchased a wireless microphone which I used to train Homeseer 2.

Here I prefer to tinker with hardware and once I have it working whatever it is I move on to something else. That said I would search some old posts here relating to SAPI and TTS and VR.

Best advice I can give you at this point in time is to search here on the forum relating to utilizing SAPI for TTS and VR. There are a number of users doing this today and ask there.

BTW as mentioned above Microsoft 10 SAPI works great and now integration to Cortana is coming so you can have an Alexa like experience using Microsoft Cortana. Add the Kinect and you can do both gestures and VR with your Windows 10 computer. Here added a multitouch monitor for Kinect, MSAPI and a touch experience in a Homeseer touch client.

Note here been tinkering with VR and TTS since the 1980's.

In the 1990's and in the financial world started to switch from telephone recording stuff to VR and TTS for the banking industry using Microsoft at the time.

Today it is levels above what it was with Microsoft. That said the old Homeseer speaker client integration to Microsoft SAPI works the best it ever has worked with Microsoft Windows 10.

Last edited by Pete; January 24th, 2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old January 24th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bonari View Post
Also what command do you say to execute one of your events. Should you start by saying computer and name the event. Would it be something like.....computer..... den lamp on event? I read the homeseer documentation but kind of sketchy on speech recognition. Is there any training that needs to be done to recognize specific phrases inside homeseer? Tried creating an event to recognize a phrase but that didn't work either. I assume if it won't recognize the wake up word (computer) then it won't recognize anything? Does the microphone need to be turned on in windows control panel/speech recognition? I wouldn't think so as it is set to listen in the homeseer speaker client?
I never had much luck with VR, but I do remember a few things. You are correct that if it won't recognize the wakeup phrase, then it won't work. Yes, the microphone needs to be turned on in windows, since HS uses the Windows speech support to do all the "heavy lifting".

From the HS documentation:
Running event actions

Any event can be run by name and no setup on the event is required. To run the event named "turn on all the lights", you can say:

"run the event turn on all the lights"

"in ten minutes run the event turn on all the lights"

"at nine oh clock pm run the event turn on all the lights"

If an event has a voice phrase set as a trigger, that can be used instead. For example, an event has a voice trigger set as "all lights off", you can say:

"all lights off"

"in ten minutes all lights off"

From my experience, a simple event name works better. I'd try creating an event named Rick One. Then use "run the event... rick one". But until you get it to respond to the wakeup phrase, nothing is gonna work.
Old January 24th, 2018, 02:47 PM
OverSeer

Moved post to the Help section.

How to utilize MS SAPI and Homeseer Speaker

Last edited by Pete; January 24th, 2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Seer Master

Thanks ITguyHS and Pete,

Thanks for all the great and detailed information !!!!!!! Yesterday afternoon I was able to get the speech recognition working. I rebooted the windows 7 hometroller computer and speech recognition started to work. Previously after training voice recognition I turned the windows voice recognition off thinking homeseer had its own speech recognition engine. Had no luck with this of course and thought I had turned the windows speech recognition engine back on but apparently hadn't done that. As a last resort I rebooted the system and windows voice recognition panel loaded and speech recognition in homeseer was working fine. I was able to create two events to recognize phrases to turn light on and off and both were successful. Thanks to the information you both gave me here I can investigate and implement more advanced concepts. Thank you both !!!! You guys are great !!!!! Homeseer should be paying both of you for technical support !!!!! Rick
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:44 PM
OverSeer

Good news Rick!!!