Better handle flaky connections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better handle flaky connections?

I'm using a Raspberry Pi with VirtualHere to provide the virtual USB/serial port to my HS server for the AD2USB device. Occasionally the connection hiccups, and it seems the plugin doesn't recover very well. Any chance of adding some kind of re-connect logic to re-initialize the plugin when that happens?

Easier said then done. When the port gets flacky, the most consistent option is to restart hs3 or even the box. I've tried a lot of different options with my Insteon plugin which uses the same usb ports/drivers as this plugin; not much luck there either.

there are vista alarm interface triggers you can use to capture when this occurs. you can try setting the vista alarm monitor status Off, wait and then back On. But you may end up having to restart hs3 or the box.

please report back your solution.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Easier said then done. When the port gets flacky, the most consistent option is to restart hs3 or even the box. I've tried a lot of different options with my Insteon plugin which uses the same usb ports/drivers as this plugin; not much luck there either.

there are vista alarm interface triggers you can use to capture when this occurs. you can try setting the vista alarm monitor status Off, wait and then back On. But you may end up having to restart hs3 or the box.

please report back your solution.
      What I've been trying is a combination of a timer that restarts every time the display device changes (no more than once a minute) and Jon00's Plugin Stop/Start script.

I didn't actually realize there was a connection-based trigger, so I disabled my current event and am going to give that a shot. Since I haven't seen anything in the logs about connection problems, I'm dubious that it's going to detect whatever issue my VirtualHere port is causing, though.

Comment

let me know if the triggers fire and if this helps with the VirtualHere port issue.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X