• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    claude,
    the latest beta fixes the value display issue with the MS II
    Great, all fine now. Thanks.

Comment

Temperature value display

Hi Mark, thanks for adding the MSII support! I really like these little guys so far.

Of the 3 I have added to HS so far, I noticed that the temp display is inconsistent. One has an "F" and the other two do not.

66.1F Sensors Motion Office Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 11:18:53 AM
      71.9 Sensors Motion Master Bedroom Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 10:30:42 PM
      71.9 Sensors Motion Upper Hallway Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 11:11:06 PM

All 3 of the MS II have FW 46.

And I'm running your PI v3.0.6.39

Comment

Originally posted by LeeIII View Post
        Hi Mark, thanks for adding the MSII support! I really like these little guys so far.

Of the 3 I have added to HS so far, I noticed that the temp display is inconsistent. One has an "F" and the other two do not.

66.1F Sensors Motion Office Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 11:18:53 AM
        71.9 Sensors Motion Master Bedroom Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 10:30:42 PM
        71.9 Sensors Motion Upper Hallway Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 11:11:06 PM

All 3 of the MS II have FW 46.

And I'm running your PI v3.0.6.39
        strange. were all three registered with same version of the plugin?

check the status/graphics tab with the hs device and see if all three look the same or different. please provide screen shots of the differences
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

strange. were all three registered with same version of the plugin?

check the status/graphics tab with the hs device and see if all three look the same or different. please provide screen shots of the differences
          It appears that there is a difference in the scale display character on the Advanced page. These are all new MS II that I just got in a single order. Attached are the differences.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LeeIII View Post
            It appears that there is a difference in the scale display character on the Advanced page. These are all new MS II that I just got in a single order. Attached are the differences.
            not sure why multiple new devices added with the same plugin version would turn out different configurations.

try the following for the devices missing the scale F setting
            shutdown the plugin
            added RecreateDevice=1 to the [device x] section of the insteon.ini
            restart the plugin
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

not sure why multiple new devices added with the same plugin version would turn out different configurations.

try the following for the devices missing the scale F setting
              shutdown the plugin
              added RecreateDevice=1 to the [device x] section of the insteon.ini
              restart the plugin
              Thanks, Mark. Gave this a try today - twice actually (didn't think it should matter but I tried putting the RecreateDevice=1 at the TOP of each [device x] section and at the BOTTOM) I didn't see any detailed recreating statements in the log - snippet below. The 3 that are not showing the F are a couple of days more recently installed than the 3 that are showing the F. Is it possible this is somehow updated during the heartbeat section vs. the inital creation ? From my original message - 2 of the ones that did not have F now have it.

My original message:

And now the display looks like this:

73.3 Sensors Motion Kitchen Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 6:08:44 PM
              70.4 Sensors Motion Foyer Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 5:28:32 PM
              70.4 Sensors Motion Laundry Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 4:37:37 PM
              63.2F Sensors Motion Upper Hallway Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 11:48:49 PM
              58.9F Sensors Motion Master Bedroom Motion Sensor II - Temperature Yesterday 12:38:53 PM

64.7F Sensors Motion Office Motion Sensor II - Temperature Today
              2:54:48 AM

Log Snippet from RecreateDevices action:

Jul-19 8:12:53 AM Insteon Saved ini file. msecs=64
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Generic Event Raised: Ready for Registration
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon External Device Registration complete.
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Note: External device support script does not exist in the HomeSeer scripts directory.
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Waiting to initialize External Devices...
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin Insteon started successfully in 17221 milliseconds
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Exit InitIO
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Exit InitX10
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Exit InitPlugin
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon X10 Protocol Interface Initializing...
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Global initialization already completed.
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Enter InitPlugin
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Enter InitX10
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Exit InitPlugin
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon I/O(Insteon Protocol) Interface Initialized.
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Exit CreateDevices
              Jul-19 8:12:51 AM Insteon Scheduled polling resumed.
              Jul-19 8:12:50 AM Insteon 41 matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon group database.
              Jul-19 8:12:50 AM Insteon 223 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon device database.
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon Reloading 92 Insteon device information tables...
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon Reloading 41 Insteon group information tables...
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon Scheduled polling temporarily stopped.
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon In CreateDevices
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon Scheduled polling enabled.
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon In TransmitMessageThread
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon I/O (Insteon Protocol) Interface Initializing...
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon Insteon hardware interface initialized.
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 6B 48 06
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon Sending command 02 6B 48 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon RF PLM contacted on COM5 with an Insteon address of 33.E1.0D and firmware version 9E
              Jul-19 8:12:35 AM Insteon ..Got Interface Response 02 60 33 E1 0D 03 15 9E 06
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Sending command 02 60 to Interface, (Expecting 6 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon ..Got Interface Response 02 60 33 E1 0D 03 15 9E 06
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Sending command 02 60 to Interface, (Expecting 6 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon In PLMBuffer_ProcessBufferThread
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Initializing Interface...
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon In ProcessRawReceiveThread
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Initializing Insteon hardware interface...
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Global initialization of plug-in required, starting up.
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Enter InitPlugin
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Enter InitIO
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon RegisterCallback Completed
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Insteon Support library (Insteon.dll) version: 1.0.6.39
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Plugin HSPI_Insteon.exe version: 3.0.6.39
              Jul-19 8:12:34 AM Insteon Host System: 10.2.1.18 (LairPC2) 3.0.0.425
              Jul-19 8:12:33 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Insteon ...
              Jul-19 8:12:33 AM Info Plugin Insteon has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58178
              Jul-19 8:12:33 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Insteon
              Jul-19 8:12:13 AM Event Event Trigger "CLIMATE CLIMATE - Poll Thermostats"
              Jul-19 8:11:25 AM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions House Occupancy Status (Delayed Action) - 1"
              Jul-19 8:11:25 AM Device Control Device: Sensors Motion ALL - Global House Occupancy Status to Occupied (100)
              Jul-19 8:11:25 AM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions House Occupancy Status (Delayed Action) - 1"
              Jul-19 8:11:00 AM weatherXML Triggers to check: 0
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM HSTouch ServerWarning HSTouch had an Error retrieving the capabilities for a media plugin with Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Info Plugin Insteon with instance: has disconnected
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Insteon Exit ShutdownIO
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Insteon Generic Event Raised: Shutdown
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Insteon ..finished saving comm stats.
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Insteon Saving comm stats...
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Insteon Exit TransmitMessageThread
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Insteon Transmit Queue Status: Queue Closed
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Insteon Global plug-in shutdown required, no interfaces active.
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Insteon I/O plug-in shutdown requested.
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Insteon Enter ShutdownIO
              Jul-19 8:10:53 AM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Insteon

Comment

the F or C device scale value is set each time the temp is updated. this allows for people changing between F and C.

i could set a default scale value at device creation i suppose.

let see if the 2 that don't have a scale value get updated with the next temp change. maybe you can force that.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All,
                  Are there any outstanding issues with the MS II support? I got an official copy of the Dev Notes, so hopefully i can resolve anything outstanding
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Forgive me if this has been answered already. I'm curious if the Dev notes say anything about accurate temperatures. I just noticed mine were way off, and then found in the settings there is some sort of Temperature Calibration offset for it, I would think the offset would be pretty equal across devices.

If there isn't and I have 9 of these to calibrate, what would be a good way to run around and do that? Do you just check with a digital thermometer and then set the difference?
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                      Forgive me if this has been answered already. I'm curious if the Dev notes say anything about accurate temperatures. I just noticed mine were way off, and then found in the settings there is some sort of Temperature Calibration offset for it, I would think the offset would be pretty equal across devices.

If there isn't and I have 9 of these to calibrate, what would be a good way to run around and do that? Do you just check with a digital thermometer and then set the difference?
                      Joe,
                      the docs discuss the calibration offset but nothing about accuracy. the calibration offset covers a wide range of plus and minus.

yes, i think you need to calibrate each sensor independently using a thermometer you trust in the manner you described.

please report back your findings
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

There is another calibrate option that I will have to investigate before i can make it available but it would still require you to know the current temperature at the MS position.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

On the issue of temperature sensor calibration: I probably have 20 various devices around my home as part of my experiments over the years with trying to get reasonably accurate and reliable temperature measurements in the house. Of those, I think exactly one of them did NOT require local calibration via an offset value -- and I attribute that one to luck. A quick-read thermometer like an HVAC tech carries (which are not particularly expensive) is kind of a "must have" if you truly care that the temps reported by a sensor are "right".

There are two ongoing issues I've seen over the years:
                          • Some devices, especially the less-expensive, thermistor-based sensors, have crappy repeatability -- I've seen several-degree variations in readings that weren't tied to actual temperature changes.
                          • Calibration isn't a one-time effort. As they age, component performance changes a little bit and the offset occasionally needs a bump up or down. From what I've seen over the years the offset is only going up or down by one degree and for home automation tasks this generally doesn't make much difference. On the other hand, if you're doing local control of a heating/cooling vent a one-degree difference in the actual vs. reported temp can apparently mean the end of the world if my wife is the one affected.

Comment

Hi folks,

I'm new to the Motion Sensor II and recently performed a replace (long story). Now, some devices are updating and others are not. It's been 2 days. Today is the 17th. Oddly, those 7:30ish times are after I performed the replace. So it appears they were all updated once. Perhaps I do not understand how or how often these get updated (using battery).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	219
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1241898

Could something have failed in the replace procedure? Is this a RecreateDevice=1 situation?

Much thanks!
                            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                              Hi folks,

I'm new to the Motion Sensor II and recently performed a replace (long story). Now, some devices are updating and others are not. It's been 2 days. Today is the 17th. Oddly, those 7:30ish times are after I performed the replace. So it appears they were all updated once. Perhaps I do not understand how or how often these get updated (using battery).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	1241898

Could something have failed in the replace procedure? Is this a RecreateDevice=1 situation?

Much thanks!
                              Mike,
                              the heartbeat will update the temperature, light level, and battery level. are you seeing regular heartbeat msgs in the log? You can control how frequently the heartbeat occurs via the plugin
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,

I am seeing the heartbeat device's Last Change time regularly update. However when checking the logs at the time the heartbeat last updated, I do not see any related Insteon log entries. Does debug logging need to be enabled to see heartbeat messages?

Thanks!
                                HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                                Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
                                X