This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many problems 1 of 2

At this point I'm not sure if my entire installation is messed up or if there are just some serious problems in the setup.

LMS > CB >> LMS HS3 PI >> HS3 PI

Chromecast Audio's and Grace Digital CastDock X2 Speakers

Problems I've Encounter: (Here are just a few)
    TTS Problems:

1) Typically I can only get it to speak one time. For the first 2 or 3 attempts the speakers indicator light will illuminate as if it's going to speak (but fails). At some point, generally after the 3rd attempt the speak indicator wont even light up, and the PI typically crashes

The TTS .mp3 file is created and will play without issue on any player.

2): The settings 'TTS Voice' setting is being ignored (see picture in second post)
    3): Looks like it sends duplicate TTS's
    4): This isn't a bug, but I was hoping that 'Delay Before Speaking' would wake the speaker before speaking.

Music Problems:

1) Mute button drives volume to 100%, Un-mute allows it to return to prev. settings
    2) None of the Player Devices have accurate or updated or feed back/function to HS

etc...etc...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ServiceXp; March 13, 2018, 05:10 AM.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

So many problems 2 of 2

More Pics..
      Attached Files
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

.. and then the music just stopped. Tried restarting all services involved, rebooting the machine (several times) still would not play through the speakers.

The LMS web player status bar would count up to ~5 sec, then quickly move to the end as if it was finished. If I hit pause it would just repeat the above.

Un-installed the LMS HS3 PI, Rebooted server and end up with the picture below. Had to manual hit the "Generate .xml" file button again to get the IP entries to show up in HS3.

Now I can play via the LMS web player to the CCA's.

Logs may not be useful as I didn't have them turned on until the middle of this madness, but attached regardless.

I wan't to test if the LMS HS3 PI plug-in is causing these problems so I would like to un-install the HS3 plug-in and only use Sqeezebox players to access the LMS server. How do I un-install this plug in?
        Attached Files
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Came home today to discover I could not play music again. I cleaned the system from all related software and reinstalled LMS and CB only.

I grabbed a brief log set before I started.
          Attached Files
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Have you tried a LMS / Squeezebox player (physical or software player such as squeezeplay, softsqueeze, etc) without the additional Chromcast bridge? I am not familiar with that plugin / bridge and how well it does work. But I would dissocate them. Any playing does not involve the HS3 squeezebox plugin, only LMS aserver and the players you areusing.

Also ensure you do not have multiple HS3 speak proxies (typically via media plugins) configured and enabled as that could be a reason for duplicate TTS (as both speech proxy servers ould acknnowledge to play the TTS).

You can disable the squeezebox plugin and (from the HS3 page) and when disabled will not start the process and interact with LMS.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
              Have you tried a LMS / Squeezebox player (physical or software player such as squeezeplay, softsqueeze, etc) without the additional Chromcast bridge? I am not familiar with that plugin / bridge and how well it does work. But I would dissocate them. Any playing does not involve the HS3 squeezebox plugin, only LMS aserver and the players you areusing.

Also ensure you do not have multiple HS3 speak proxies (typically via media plugins) configured and enabled as that could be a reason for duplicate TTS (as both speech proxy servers ould acknnowledge to play the TTS).

You can disable the squeezebox plugin and (from the HS3 page) and when disabled will not start the process and interact with LMS.
              Oh I thought you were the one who created the Chromecast Bridge LMS PI? What are the odds you would have the same name..

I didn't get a chance to thoroughly check a PC player before ripping everything off the system.

I don't have any detectable proxy installed. I did have Spuds Chromecast PI installed, but removed it.

The LMS and CB is still working this morning. I think I'm going to let this ride for a few days to see how it goes before re-introducing your HS3 SqueezeBox PI.

I will assume, considering the instructions say's too, I need to install the LMS SB PI after I install the HS3 SB PI?

I have a feeling that when I introduce this PI to the mix, everything goes sideways. Perhaps this plug-in is not compatible with LMS + CB..???

Any way thanks for help. I'll report back on my progress.
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                Oh I thought you were the one who created the Chromecast Bridge LMS PI?
                I am not the one who created the Chromecast Bridge LMS plugin and never used it (nor any need for it).

Comment

I am not the one who created the Chromecast Bridge LMS plugin and never used it (nor any need for it).
                  My apologizes; that's what I get for assuming..
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Yeah when you asked about Chromecast / LMS a couple of weeks back I just googled it and found the link you utilized for your Chromecast stuff.

See a lively GitHub called LMS-to-Cast here ===> philippe44/LMS-to-Cast

Personally keep my LMS / Squeezeplayers configuration very simple.

Mentioned also that I use custom Openpeak tablets for my Squeezeplayer as they are availble on Ebay for little as $10 these days (mentioned $35 in my previous post). It is very easy to convert these tabletop tablets to Squeezeplayers these days...you write the OS to a USB stick and boot up with the USB stick and a script writes the OS to the built in eMMC on the tablets. Takes about 5 minutes to write the OS.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

So I took the plunge and re-installed the PI today.. It seams to be working much better this time around.

These are my findings:

1) Mute / Unmute does not work with Chromecast Audio Players.
                      2) Speech does not work reliably (double speak) and often times crashes plug-in.
                      3) The 'TTS Voice' entry is ignored, and system voice is used.
                      4) Often the HS3 devices become 'disconnected' from LMS and will not update. The interesting thing is Start/Stop/Pause seem to work (not updated but will function)

I'm guessing these issues are incompatibilities with the Chromecast Bridge PI.

Logs Attached.
                      Attached Files
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

hi,

I am able to add http://localhost/squeezebox/repo.xml as a Repositories in LMS. But when i check the box for the hs3 plugin I press 'apply' , and then 'ok' , nothing append and the box return unchecked.

I am using linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                          hi,

I am able to add http://localhost/squeezebox/repo.xml as a Repositories in LMS. But when i check the box for the hs3 plugin I press 'apply' , and then 'ok' , nothing append and the box return unchecked.

I am using linux.
                          Do you see an error message in the HS3 logs mentioning it could not find the LMS plugin version?

I submitted an updated version of the plugin to HST earlier today and should be available as soon as HT approves it. It corrects a version mismatch between the LMS plugin version and the HS3 plugin.

Comment

Do you see an error message in the HS3 logs mentioning it could not find the LMS plugin version?

I submitted an updated version of the plugin to HST earlier today and should be available as soon as HT approves it. It corrects a version mismatch between the LMS plugin version and the HS3 plugin.
                            ThankS!

No error.

Yes i noticed that . I tried to change the file name to match the name in the xml file. but it wasn't working.

i will wait for the new version

Comment

I tried the new version.

IT does the same.
                              I also try to manually unzip the plugin there: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins

but does not work.

edit: sorry , unzipping the file works. I see the plugin, but lms always ask be to restart the squeezebox when i go to the plugin section.

edit 2: all is working except the for the restart issue in lms

edit 3: the message isn't there anymore.
                              Last edited by ; June 25, 2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                                I tried the new version.

IT does the same.
                                I also try to manually unzip the plugin there: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins

but does not work.

edit: sorry , unzipping the file works. I see the plugin, but lms always ask be to restart the squeezebox when i go to the plugin section.

edit 2: all is working except the for the restart issue in lms

edit 3: the message isn't there anymore.
                                Everything all set now with the LMS plugin installed and updated?

Depending on your LMS setup, it might auto download plugin updates and then post the message to restart on the web page. After restart, close the browser pages and open fresh ones to ensure it is not a browser caching issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X